It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-28-2013   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Sad
Bearsmykitty is on a distinguished road
Default Help and advice for my very sick cat

Hi guys, I found this forum by doing a google search for my sick car that is only 8 months old. I noticed that some of the posters here are very insightful and could use some help and advice with our cats situation. I have started a fund raiser to help pay some of the bills for her condition. Below is the link to my page with more information on her condition.

Any advice as well would be very very much appreciated,

I have an 8 month old kitten named bear that i took in from an animal shelter when she was only 3 months old. since then my daughter lily and our new family member bear have been best pals. we are in need of your help to get our bear the medical care she needs. bear has been in intensive care at our local vet clinic for the past few days. She was very ill this weekend and we made an emergency visit to the vet when she began to become very ill. The vet diagnosed her with Diabetes and she was in a state of DKA (DiabeticKetoAcidosis). She has been given around the clock care at the clinic so far to keep her alive. The bills have been far too much for me as a single parent to take on, and I am forced with the decision to put the cat down and break my daughters heart or, continue to pay for the care Bear needs to recover from this condition. We are asking for your help to bring our precious kitten home to us. Thank you and god bless.

You can donate money or learn more at gofundme/saving-bear
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-28-2013   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

Does anyone care? Could really use some advice or support right now.

Thank you
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-29-2013   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

jesslvs2grm is on a distinguished road
Default poor kitty

I'm so sorry I really hope he gets better. I know how expensive it is.

Ask the Dr.if he can show you how to medicate him at home and how to check how to check his sugar. would save you hospitalization costs. And have them call his prescriptions called in to a target or WalMart pharmacy that will make a big difference.
The Following User Says Thank You to jesslvs2grm For This Useful Post:
Unread 11-29-2013   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

Thank you so much for your advice

It has been a very stressful week with my daughter and I seeing our family pet go through all of this pain it just Heart breaking. I will ask my vet about having the prescriptions sent to walmart as we live close by to one. I think if we can get a blood glucose monitor similar to what humans use that might be a good way to monitor her sugars. Thanks again for the advice and I will follow up and let you know what the vet says about her.
Unread 11-29-2013   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

Your so welcome. I know its hard especially on the kids. Hang in there k.
Unread 11-29-2013   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

Smile

Hows bear today? I hope shes doing better n gets to come home.
Unread 11-30-2013   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

Update: Bears condition has improved and she could be released as early as Monday. However, I am strongly considering putting her down after discovering that this is going to cost me $6000 I don't have and will cost $100/month for insulin for the rest of her life. I'm not sure what to do since I've already spent so much but I'm leaning towards riding it out and hoping she's released sooner rather than later.

Thank you for your interest and support

Rob
Unread 11-28-2014   #8 (permalink)
Newborn

david78888 is on a distinguished road

If your cat is going to be sick, you may see drooling, lip licking, excessive swallowing, or even yowling. When your cat vomits you will see strong abdominal contractions and head bobbing, followed by expulsion of vomitus. It is worth noting what your cat vomits up, how much he vomits and how often he vomits, maybe take a picture using the camera on your phone, in case you need to show the vet.
Check your cat for pale or cold gums, listlessness, diarrhoea, fever, or other signs of illness.
If possible, locate the food or item that caused the vomiting.
Remove food from trays for about 2 hours, but continue to provide water.
If there is no further vomiting, try offering a teaspoon of his usual food. If he keeps this down, continue offering small amounts of food every few hours for the next 24 hours, then go back to his normal feeding routine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by david78888; 11-28-2014 at 04:00 AM.
Unread 04-27-2015   #9 (permalink)
Kitten

butterflyH is on a distinguished road

When your cat is being treated for an illness, it is very important that you follow your veterinarian's advice and instructions precisely. Take your cat for re-examination if and when requested. If your cat's condition worsens unexpectedly, contact your veterinarian for advice.

Tags
advice , animal , bills , camera , car , care , cat , cats , diabetes , family , fever , found , home , insulin , kitten , kitty , licking , listless , medical , money , pet , picture , save , search , shelter , sick , vet , vomiting , yowling

Sponsored Cat Links