It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-28-2013   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Chatty
catlover13 is on a distinguished road
Default Is my cat losing weight?

I took my cat to the vet ans she gain 2 pounds in one month. I have her eating Science Diet Light. I would like to see if she is still gaining or losing weight. I do have a scale but I don't think she will stay on it long enuf to let it weight her. If I took her to the vet just to see how much she weight will they charge me. I'm not giving her anything not even table food which I heard is not good for cat. Any suggestion is appreciate

catlover13
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-29-2013   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Science Diet light will not help your cat lose weight. It is a terrible food full of carbohydrates.

Feed your cat a canned high meat protein diet. Learn to read the labels and feed canned foods that name meats as the first ingredients. Avoid foods that contain grains and "chunks" or "shredded" in gravy styles which are very high in carbohydrates.

Cats are obligate carnivores and should never be fed dry food of any kind.

A good canned food to start a kibble addict cat on would be Fancy Feast Classics. ONLY the classics, because these are pate, and very low in carbohydrates, while providing the meat protein and moisture your cat needs.

One way to weigh your cat is by standing on the scale yourself, then holding your cat and standing on the scale. Take the difference, and that will be about how much your cat weighs. Better would be to buy a baby scale and weigh her that way, so you can keep track of her loss in ounces.

Remember that it is very dangerous for a cat to lose weight too quickly. No more than 2-3 ounces a week, no more than half a pound a month.

In addition to feeding a canned diet, you will want to increase her exercise level. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Remember "lite" dry diets do not work. Read the ingredients on the bag. Cats should not eat cereal, they are obligate carnivores.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-08-2015   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

butterflyH is on a distinguished road

A cat's loss of appetite often indicates illness, so you should consult your veterinarian as soon as you notice a change in your cat’s eating habits.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by butterflyH; 05-08-2015 at 08:39 AM.

Tags
addition , art , baby , cat , cat needs , cat's , diet , dry , dry food , eating , food , happy , hey , loss , vet , weight

Sponsored Cat Links