It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-11-2016   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Balix329906 is on a distinguished road
Default Please help! Pregnt? Worms?

Long story short . kinda took in stray cat that I think is pregnant. I was letting her come in and hang out but I always let her back outside and watched she didnt go to the bathroom in my apartment. Someone told me it was their cat so I figured she was clean n such. Turns out she is a stray and has worms. I'm grossed out but feel horrible . is getting my self n kids treated for worms as a preventative measure something I should do or are the chanced of us getting them minimal ?
Another question I have is.... Since I know she got worms I'm wondering if she is indeed pregnant or swollen from worms. How could I tell ? I see lots of movement in her belly and felt it it feels as if they are kittens but I don't know I'm taking her Tuesday to a clinic but I need to know something before then cause I'm stressed out over this big time
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-11-2016   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Unless you and your kids have been handling her poop and not washing your hands, the likelihood of you catching a parasite from this kitty is zero.

It's lovely of you to be taking an interest in her and getting her to the vet. I hope you can get her seen before she goes into labor.

What are you feeding her?

I understand your concerns but kind of wish you would set up a room for her with a box she can make a nest in, and a litter box. You can keep the kids out and just be careful to use proper hygiene after scooping her litter box.

Once she's had her check up and been de-wormed and treated for fleas and you've got an estimate on when she is due to give birth you can plan better to take care of her. Or get her to a shelter where she can receive the proper care.

Though it does sound like you and your family are already attached to her.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
apartment , belly , birth , box , cat , catching , clean , family , fleas , hey , kittens , kitty , litter , litter box , poop , pregnant , question , shelter , story , stray , vet

Sponsored Cat Links