It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-12-2017   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

CatAttendant is on a distinguished road
Default Cat with renal disease won't eat anything.

I have a cat with renal disease and ovarian remnant syndrome. She's approx. 12-14 years old. She will not eat anything. She was eating IAMS for a while, the first non-dry food ever. Also some cold cuts, liverwurst and chicken. But the last 2 days only Temptations. And no milk, either. Any suggestions?

I am 70 and have had cats for 60 yrs., for about 30 of those years I've had multiple cats up to about 12 at a time. Perhaps 200+ residents. I've dealt with kidney disease many times and this one is not acting end stage. She's affectionate. She's agile. She has lost weight, about 3 lbs., but she keeps herself well groomed.

I have taken her to our vet., the last time about 3 mos. ago. I'm hesitant to go again because I'm afraid they'll want to euthanize and I don't feel we're at that point yet. But if she doesn't start eating in the next few days.....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-15-2017   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

kitty.karma is on a distinguished road
Default Kitty Karma Books is the publishing company

Kitty Karma Books is the publishing company I started to honour my beloved calico, Kealani, who crossed the bridge from a sudden heart-attack right before my very eyes. She was 17 ? years old although there have been suggestions she was more than 19 years of age.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
affectionate , age , art , attack , books , cat , cats , cold , dry , dry food , eating , eyes , food , hey , kitty , lost , renal disease , suggestions , vet , weight , won't eat

Sponsored Cat Links