It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-13-2009   #21 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconvarie View Post
My husband, Michael, was telling me that there was a Pope who really got the ball rolling when it came to hating cats because he condemned them as the "devils creatures". He instigated burning cats and all sorts of horrible things. He couldn't remember the name of the Pope though. Hmmm...now I'm going to have to do some research because I'm curious....
That's (one of the reasons at least...) why I never liked them! And I hate all the other people as well. I hope those who burned cats, will know how that feels in hell

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-14-2009   #22 (permalink)
Jem

Thumbs down

i hate cat haters very much

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-14-2009   #23 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

I can't believe it at all how a pope (God's servant) hates GOD'S CREATION while serving God ... ????????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-19-2009   #24 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Stressed
Ceri Cat is on a distinguished road

I've never really discovered the reasoning behind making cats the devils servants beyond the fact they operate after dark, but cats are hardly nocturnal creatures, they are diurnal operating both day and night, though many are more active by night than by day.

The black plague was already going well from the fleas off the rats when the cats copped the blame and were being killed by the hundreds and thousands, and there goes your rat population control.

The church in my opinion hasn't improved much since then, they're still a bunch of bigots with little sense of reality and turned against anything that is good in the world, equal rights, small animals, birth control, sex education, same sex relationships. Ok you might not agree on some small aspects of that being good but the point is the church has made up it's mind in the past about everything and is too stupid to change it now.
Unread 05-19-2009   #25 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri Cat View Post
The black plague was already going well from the fleas off the rats when the cats copped the blame and were being killed by the hundreds and thousands, and there goes your rat population control.
Poor fellow feline .... suffered from human's stubborn mindset !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 05-19-2009   #26 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

Cat haters will die early! Hate all of them!
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

|

|
Unread 08-02-2009   #27 (permalink)
Cool Cat

PantherPride is on a distinguished road

Keep in mind there are reasons for the things people do. I don't hate all cat haters I hate those who turn around and do mean things to cats. Today someone may hate cats because they CANNOT even be around them for any length of time, their are people in this world that break into a series of uncontrollable coughing,sneezing and itchy eyes when in a house that hasn't had a cat in it for a month.

Other times a cat badly claws them as a child or even attacks them. Rare, however it does happen leading to a fear of cats deeply ingrained.. cats can be VERY dangerous when they want to be, they have 20 retractable claws and sharp pericing fangs,teeth that cause infection in 80% of cat bites. They can jump 5 feet and twist their bodies to avoid falls, even the act of sex can leave a female dead from a broken neck.. They are so dangerous in fact that two evenly matched cats will go through all kinds of trouble to avoid an all out battle..

Note I love cats but I will not turn around and say they are 100% perfect,NOTHING is.
Unread 08-04-2009   #28 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I must say that I was bitten by a dog when I was a kid, I think around 3 or 4. But I still remember it very clearly. It wasn't the dog's fault. A stupid kid who happened to be my neighbor, he was maybe 12 at the time. He took me to see this dog, he told me to pet him and he hit the dog hard while I was standing there ready to pet him. The dog bit me.

I'm still not scared of dogs though, not even the big ones. I think the parents should teach the children not to hate any animals even though you have been wounded by one.

My dad took me to see the dog that bit me after I'd gone to the doctor. My dad assured me that he was really a nice dog. I suspect that made me not fear dogs in the future. The dog was gentle, but his owners weren't particularily nice to him... It still breaks my heart thinking of what this dog had to go through.
Unread 08-08-2009   #29 (permalink)
Cool Cat

PantherPride is on a distinguished road

thats a sad story i hope things worked out
Unread 08-09-2009   #30 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherPride View Post
thats a sad story i hope things worked out
Not for the dog, it magically disappeared one day. We think they had him killed somehow. They used to leave him alone without food when they went away for days as well. I can't remember how (note that we did live in the same house at the time, on two different floors), but dad had a spare key and he always got inside to feed him.

Then they got a couple of bunnies, which they got tired of, then they got some birds that managed to escape (and wouldn't live long in our nature).

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have pets.

Tags
animal , babies , bat , birds , birth , bites , black , bunnies , care , cat , cat lovers , cats , children , claws , dog , dogs , eating , eyes , female , fleas , food , found , great , hey , home , house , infection , kitten , love , lucky , mat , nice , night , opinion , pet , rare , sad , scared , sex , silly , small , story , window

Sponsored Cat Links