It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-01-2006   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default World's Best Cat Litter (34-lb bag)

The only all-natural, organic cat litter on the market that is made from whole-kernel corn which offers a unique microporous structure. The huge surface area created by this structure easily traps and absorbs ammonia and urine odors naturally, so there's no need for cover-up perfumes.
Customer Review: Best litter of the four I've tried
In my cat-owning lifetime I've used 4 litters: silica crystals (different brands), Feline Pine, Swheat Scoop and World's Best. The crystals weren't flushable and were hard on people feet when they were tracked. The Feline Pine was nice, but once the pellets dissolved the litter was pretty much useless. Swheat Scoop is my second favorite, but it smelled a little funky after about a week of use by two cats. The clumps were also a little squishy and broke up easily, which probably contributed to the stink. Now I use World's Best. I clean the clumps out twice a day. They are really hard and very rarely fall apart. Sometimes my pure black cat will get a little overzealous with his digging and will emerge from the hooded box covered from head to toe in litter. I brush off what I can and don't worry that he's hurting himself when he cleans off what I missed. After about a week the level drops due to the clumps, but there's no smell other than corn. I add a little more litter, stir and it's ready to go for another week. I do a complete litter change every two weeks for my two guys. Our litter box is downstairs in an unused work/storage room, so tracking and corn odor are not problematic. I've never paid attention to dust because it doesn't cause any problems in either cat or human here. The 34 pound bag lasts us about 3 months. Great bargain! One more note...we live in the country and have had mice and ants in the house regularly. I've never seen evidence that any critters were in the litter except the two who should be.
Customer Review: Clumps well but smells awful!
I've been using this litter for a few weeks now, and the only good thing about it is that it clumps well and is easy to clean. It is also flushable. However, I will never buy this brand of litter again. My entire apartment smells like cat urine! And that's not because the cat missed the litter box. This litter does not mask the smell at all. They say the grains have natural crevices which absorb the odor, I think the odor would be better if I didn't use any litter whatsoever. I even bought a covered litter box but it does not help. Stay away from this if you want a clean smelling home. It's organic, big deal when your home smells like a giant toilet.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-23-2010   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Inspired
HoltWebb is on a distinguished road

I've been using pine cat litter (either Feline Pine or the Publix generic brand) in my cats' litterbox for over a year now. I have two cats and the litter box sits in the hallway of my motorhome -- a very tight space indeed!

Visitors have come and gone and always ask where I keep the litter box. They never smell it, though it is right out in the open! It's an amazing product, it's from a sustainable source, there is little or no controversy (like there are with many corn-related products these days), and it's completely biodegradable -- even going so far as being a decent addition to garden mulch! It's just sawdust, after all.

I travel the US in my motorhome, being as eco-friendly as I can (running on used veggie oil, using solar panels, recycling, etc.), and this pine litter really fits the bill. I've tried traditional clay litters, newspaper litters, and corn husk litters, but for me the pine litter blows them all away.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-17-2014   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Cheerful
BlackWolf65 is on a distinguished road

My wife and I live with three cats, and we've decided that World's Best truly IS the best cat litter we've ever used. It clumps well, and contrary to the reviewer in the first post who complained about odor, we've never had an issue. Perhaps that person should scoop out the litter box a bit more frequently...
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWolf65 For This Useful Post:
Unread 01-17-2014   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Cheerful
branbud is on a distinguished road

I have used World's Best litter for over two years and find really good - clumps well and NO odour!! I notice that the post was made in 2006 so must have been improvements made since then. We live in a small apartment and need a good litter and World's Best is great at controlling odour and it is biodogradable and flushable too! (not that I flush it)

Tags
addition , amazing , apartment , black , black cat , box , cat , cats , clean , eco , free , friendly , great , hey , home , house , litter , litter box , litterbox , love , natural , nice , person , problems , small , smell , traditional , travel , urine , worry

Sponsored Cat Links