It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-01-2006   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default Royal Canin Feline Breed Nutrition Persian 30 Formula (15-lb bag)

This food has a special kibble that makes it easier for the cat to pick up. Normal shaped kibble could have as much as 50% wasted food because the cat can not pick up the kibble and it falls on the floor. Added fiber both digestible and nondigestible eliminates hairball through the intestinal tract. Added vitamins and minerals in order to enhance the beauty and shine of the haircoat. There is also extra vitamins and minerals that will enhance the color of the haircoat. Food also reduces tartar build up on the teeth therefore improving oral hygiene.
Customer Review: This is great for Burmese too!
Like the review before, I was recommended this formula from my breeder. I have two Burmese cats, one close to 2 years old and this time, and the other about a year and a half old. I tried to do as much research as I could prior to deciding on a cat food. Their urine (like Himilayans and Persians--most flatter faced cats) can develop oxalate crystals (rather than struvite crystals), so their pH needs to be more basic than acidic. This is the initial reason why I decided to go with this brand (they addressed my cats' breed specifically--I also decided to use their Babycat and Kitten formulas as well). They love the food. Both eat it up, and since this is good food for them, they don't need to eat a lot of it to get the nutrients they need. Both are healthy weights for their ages. My cats are both so soft (I love curling up to them--they are like moveable pillows), so active (they chase each other around a lot, jump and climb all over their cat house, etc). As far as I can tell, they have all the benefits of a good food. The food bag is foil lined and the food smells fresh when opened. I have also ordered from this vendor (PetFoodDirect) through their website, and if you sign up on their emailing list, you routinely get 13% and 20% off your entire order. Shipping is okay--kinda takes a while, but otherwise, I had no issues.
Customer Review: Excellent Nutrition For Persian Cats
This food was recommended to me by a Persian breeder. My cats have generally been on 'ID Diet', a prescription food, and I asked my vet if I could mix this in in attempt to help their coats (and also reduce the cost of feeding them pure ID), and he concurred that blending it with the ID was fine. Obviously fur is a big deal in Persians, and this formula purports to supply "essential fatty acids from borage oil and salmon oil, combined with an exclusive complex of vitamins, minerals and amino acids help to maintain skin integrity and combat hair loss and dandruff" according to the advertisement copy for the product. I was concerned that the cats would not like it, as they had been on ID for so long, but I have mixed them 50/50 and they all seem to find it to be quite yummy. The food comes in a very sturdy foil lined bag and seems very fresh when opened. I can't personally vouch for the nutritional blend of the food, but a reputable breeder recommended it, and my vet told me it was excellent food. Most importantly, my cats like it, and it is an excellent value for high quality dry cat food.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
breed , breeder , burmese , cat , cat food , cats , color , diet , dry , fiber , food , fur , great , hair loss , healthy , hey , house , kitten , loss , nutrition , persian , royal , urine , vet

Sponsored Cat Links