It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-23-2009   #21 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Hi Crystal, why no more kitten food ?

As for variety, I feed mine raw fresh fish, mainly salmon or tuna, diced and served with sometimes small amount of canned food or cheese and finely chopped vegie (the problem is not everyone likes cheese). Sometimes i give them chicken breast, freshly boiled.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to Irene Jims For This Useful Post:

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-23-2009   #22 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Jims View Post

As for variety, I feed mine raw fresh fish, mainly salmon or tuna, diced and served with sometimes small amount of canned food or cheese and finely chopped vegie (the problem is not everyone likes cheese). Sometimes i give them chicken breast, freshly boiled.
Mine (except Lady Brenda) are mad about cheese.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to krzekmaya For This Useful Post:
Unread 05-23-2009   #23 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Jims View Post

The vet says both kitties are getting old enough, Cami is almost 8 months, Dante will be 10 months, that they no longer need the kitten food. My husband picked up Purina Healthy Life cat food, but the first ingredient is chicken-by-product
Here's part of the ingredient list: Chicken by-product meal, corn gluten meal, ground yellow corn, soybean meal, ground wheat, animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols (form of Vitamin E), salmon meal, salmon, chicken, powdered cellulose, brewers rice, animal liver flavor, soybean hulls, malt extract, phosphoric acid, calcium carbonate, salt, choline chloride, dried spinach, parsley flakes, dried cranberries, dried carrots, dried cheese powder

I'm iffy on it, yet the cats are loving it! I'll be heading to the pet store later this afternoon to check ingredients on all the cat foods there (as well as prices!) to see if I can find something better. Any opinions of the Healthy Life food?
The Following User Says Thank You to CamiDante For This Useful Post:
Unread 05-24-2009   #24 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamiDante View Post
The vet says both kitties are getting old enough, Cami is almost 8 months, Dante will be 10 months, that they no longer need the kitten food. My husband picked up Purina Healthy Life cat food, but the first ingredient is chicken-by-product
Here's part of the ingredient list: Chicken by-product meal, corn gluten meal, ground yellow corn, soybean meal, ground wheat, animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols (form of Vitamin E), salmon meal, salmon, chicken, powdered cellulose, brewers rice, animal liver flavor, soybean hulls, malt extract, phosphoric acid, calcium carbonate, salt, choline chloride, dried spinach, parsley flakes, dried cranberries, dried carrots, dried cheese powder

I'm iffy on it, yet the cats are loving it! I'll be heading to the pet store later this afternoon to check ingredients on all the cat foods there (as well as prices!) to see if I can find something better. Any opinions of the Healthy Life food?
Oooh... now I know why the vet advised us to switch the kitten food to adult food for all my three kitties since January this year (I found it convenient too to feed the same food). Back then, my Lady was already 10 months old, and Earl was 7 months old, only I had to give Earl extra nutrition on a daily basis he still needs for growing, and still giving it to him up to now, but only twice a week.

Unread 05-24-2009   #25 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Stressed
Ceri Cat is on a distinguished road

Susan loves her Optimum (she attacked it with a zeal Purina supercoat didn't get), but I really do need to find her another option. No offense to the admin but Hills is still on the "watch out list" for animal testing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ceri Cat For This Useful Post:
Unread 05-25-2009   #26 (permalink)
catmadkate

I still stand by what the vets said about James Wellbeloved being good - as they don't sell it personally, I'm inclined to think they aren't working on comission although HSD does seem pretty good too.

Kate x

Unread 05-25-2009   #27 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

James Wellbeloved ? Sounds fair ... But there are more and more people don't think that HSD here... that makes the brand controversial. However, I currently still feed my cats HSD mixed with Fancy Feast (Everyday's a feast) and Whiskas indoor ...

Unread 06-22-2010   #28 (permalink)
Newborn

has4344 is on a distinguished road
Default Natural Balance

My cat loves Natural Balance!

She came from a previous owner eating Science Diet but when I did my research for my website I read how many cat owners liked Natural Balance cat food.

Now that I'm using it, I see and feel the smoothness in her coat and her muscles are pretty strong because of it.

Since she's been with us, she's never taken to a food quicker, the dry and especially the canned food.!
The Following User Says Thank You to has4344 For This Useful Post:
Unread 07-15-2010   #29 (permalink)
Newborn

Fat Cats and Lucky Dogs is on a distinguished road

This is a very interesting fact to know about~
The Following User Says Thank You to Fat Cats and Lucky Dogs For This Useful Post:
Unread 07-17-2010   #30 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

SD is AWFUL as is EVERY cat food that is sold in the spermarket. The first three ingredients should be SPECIFIC protein such as "chicken" "salmon" etc--not "byproducts" which come from the "five Ds"--Dead Dying Decayed Decomposing and Diseased animals. Do you know that they put euthanized animals into your cat food. Animals that are sick or overcrowded shelters that euthanize them sell them and it goes into your cat's food. Cats are omnivores which means that they need mostly protein in their diets. Their digestive systems cannot digest carbs. Wheat, corn, gluten are all highly allergic to cats. Brewers rice????Another carb that they cannot process. These are just cheap fillers. If you serve your cat supermarket cat food it is like having your cat eat McDonalds food every single day--tastes delicious but isn't nutritious. Some really good brands of cat food are Wellness Core, Blue Buffalo and Evo. They may seem pricey, but you will save on expensive vet bills. Oh, regarding vets--they are paid by the makers of the Science Diet to promote that crappy food just like doctors are given gifts to promote drugs. Please, for the sake of your precious babies, do not feed them any food that you can but in the supermarkket--this includes whiskas, friskies, purina, sciience diet or even royal canin

Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
The Following User Says Thank You to AuntKitty For This Useful Post:

Tags
age , animal , babies , baby , behavior , bills , black , boy , brown , canned food , car , care for your cats , cat , cats , commercial , diabetes , diarrhea , diet , dogs , dry food , eating , egg , fish , food , found , great , growth , happy , healthy , hey , information about cats , interesting , kitten , kitten food , kitty , lost , loving , mistake , morning , mouse , nutrition , opinion , pet , pet food , problems , question , raw , rescue , royal , sale , save , shelter , shopping , sick , small , transition , turkey , type , vet , vet bills , weaned , weight , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links