It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-27-2010   #31 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Asleep
StuffAboutCats is on a distinguished road
Send a message via twitter to StuffAboutCats

Royal Canin? Wow, that's what the foster mother of my kitties feeds her personal cats and she talked trash about supermarket cat food. I had a peek at the ingredients the other day though and didn't see why it was so much better than Purina.

We had the kittens on Purina Kitten Chow, switched to Purina One Healthy Kitten Formula (at least the first ingredient is chicken), and I just ordered a 3 pound bag of Blue Buffalo off Amazon to try on Buddy and Respy. I remember I liked Wellness the best, ingredients wise, but it's so much more expensive than anything else.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to StuffAboutCats For This Useful Post:

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-27-2010   #32 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I no longer agree with the things I wrote in this post 5 years ago so I deleted it

All dry food is crap, and Hills (Science Diet) and Royal Canin and Purina are the worst offenders, including the "prescription" foods..

Cats should be fed an all canned or raw (or combination of both) diet. NO dry ever. And none of that corn laden stuff.

The pet food industry is so corrupt now, cats are getting sicker than ever before. The only ones benefiting are vets and the pet food industry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 08-12-2015 at 06:00 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to acerlt For This Useful Post:
Unread 12-28-2010   #33 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Asleep
StuffAboutCats is on a distinguished road
Send a message via twitter to StuffAboutCats

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
My cats are fed a primarily canned diet, with kibble only for snacks, but I won't feed them junk, even for snacks.
How much and what canned food do you feed them? I read a wet diet is better but I'm not sure how much and how often. Right now I'm thinking a quarter of a can per cat, twice a day?
Unread 02-12-2011   #34 (permalink)
Newborn

jthomasjba is on a distinguished road

my cat eat cheap brand of cat food, would recommend upgrading my cat food for this one. But she love her wet food
Unread 02-13-2011   #35 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomasjba View Post
my cat eat cheap brand of cat food, would recommend upgrading my cat food for this one. But she love her wet food
Wet food is good. Even cheap wet food is better than no wet food.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 12-29-2014   #36 (permalink)
Kitten

CatLove24 is on a distinguished road

That is very interesting.
The Following User Says Thank You to CatLove24 For This Useful Post:
Unread 12-30-2014   #37 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

Cheap wet food beats many dry food, especially the store foods. I've started calling them "rabbit food" because of all the grain.

The Following User Says Thank You to kskat For This Useful Post:
Unread 08-12-2015   #38 (permalink)
Banned
Cool Cat

andrewgrayson15 is on a distinguished road

As a cat owner, Taking care for your cat or kitten is a big job. Check out these helpful tips to care for your cats and information about cats.The Catnip Times is an online service provider that provides you all information about your cat behaviour, news and articles about cats etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to andrewgrayson15 For This Useful Post:
Unread 4 Weeks Ago   #39 (permalink)
Kitten

crazyanimal is on a distinguished road

that's so amazing
Unread 2 Weeks Ago   #40 (permalink)
Kitten

zzzsmokeyzzz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via twitter to zzzsmokeyzzz

Thanks for the info!

Tags
age , animal , babies , baby , behavior , bills , black , boy , brown , canned food , car , care for your cats , cat , cats , commercial , diabetes , diarrhea , diet , dogs , dry food , eating , egg , fish , food , found , great , growth , happy , healthy , hey , information about cats , interesting , kitten , kitten food , kitty , lost , loving , mistake , morning , mouse , nutrition , opinion , pet , pet food , problems , question , raw , rescue , royal , sale , save , shelter , shopping , sick , small , transition , turkey , type , vet , vet bills , weaned , weight , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links