It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-01-2006   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default #1 Hill's Science Diet Feline Adult Original (22-lb bag)

Healthy adult cats (1-6 years) with a moderate activity level need less fat, calcium, calories and other nutrients than during their growth phase. Their nutrition must be balanced precisely to avoid nutrient excesses. By meeting these needs, Hill's Scienc

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-19-2008   #2 (permalink)
ferretsratskittycats

SD isn't a good brand cats are carnivores the 1st ingredients in this food is by-product, which is all the parts of an animal that have poor nutritional value and then brewers rice, and corn gluten meal.
where's the good stuff? everything is artificial. i wouldn't eat it.
Nasty

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-24-2008   #3 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Thats very interesting.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to che For This Useful Post:
Unread 08-25-2008   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Cheryl,

What is so interesting?

I remember my Domino when he was a fat cat: the vet prescribed a special diet with Hill's R/D feline (only a vet can prescribe, cannot buy in the petstore) and it was really effective. He lost 5 Kgs... Great!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
The Following User Says Thank You to krzekmaya For This Useful Post:
Unread 08-25-2008   #5 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretsratskittycats View Post
SD isn't a good brand cats are carnivores the 1st ingredients in this food is by-product, which is all the parts of an animal that have poor nutritional value and then brewers rice, and corn gluten meal.
where's the good stuff? everything is artificial. i wouldn't eat it.
Nasty
It's interesting what bad stuff is in it.The parts of an animal that have poor nutritional value.xxxxx
The Following User Says Thank You to che For This Useful Post:
Unread 08-25-2008   #6 (permalink)
ferretsratskittycats

Quote:
Originally Posted by che View Post
It's interesting what bad stuff is in it.The parts of an animal that have poor nutritional value.xxxxx

Yep, but thats the regular science diet, i did a check at work today but the first ing wasn't even meat, or a meal. >.< ewwww it was brewers rice, THEN by-product.

*gag*

Unread 08-25-2008   #7 (permalink)
Hiss

Quote:
Yep, but thats the regular science diet, i did a check at work today but the first ing wasn't even meat, or a meal. >.< ewwww it was brewers rice, THEN by-product.

*gag*
not only that but the methods they use to make some of these commercial foods makes me sick to my stomach...

be careful what you feed your babies, there is a chance you could be inadvertently turning them into cannibals....

Ever wonder what happens to euthed shelter pets? Check your pet food ingrediants...if you see a meat meal or meat by product without the type of meat specified.....you just found them.

*retching*

Unread 08-25-2008   #8 (permalink)
ferretsratskittycats

I feed Innova, or solid, occasionally NUTRO, but I try to only feed super premium.

I'm thinking of getting them onto a raw diet, for lelu's sake of being over weight, she used to get sick on occation when she was a kitten I thought it was due to the situation she came from, but I believe now it was IAMS which she ate until she was about 4months old and I did some nutrition research and had her eating EVO innova which is how she got so plump is the first place (its got a LOT of fat and protein) which is why she's on the regular innova which she's done good on, but i can't get her weight down.

What do you feed and why!?

Unread 08-26-2008   #9 (permalink)
Hiss

Quote:
I feed Innova, or solid, occasionally NUTRO, but I try to only feed super premium.

I'm thinking of getting them onto a raw diet, for lelu's sake of being over weight, she used to get sick on occation when she was a kitten I thought it was due to the situation she came from, but I believe now it was IAMS which she ate until she was about 4months old and I did some nutrition research and had her eating EVO innova which is how she got so plump is the first place (its got a LOT of fat and protein) which is why she's on the regular innova which she's done good on, but i can't get her weight down.

What do you feed and why!?

Raw. because I know exactly what goes into my babies.

they get three meals a day.

first meal is fish, usually salmon or whatever the menfolk caught on their regular weekend fishing trips (frozen for a month minimum to eliminate parasites)

second meal is usually a chicken leg.

third is either rabbit or a whole feeder mouse(bought from reptile supply store)

each meal except the mice meal has a slice of frozen chicken liver and a slice of frozen chicken heart to go with it and once a week they get a bowl of raw egg with a little low fat plain yogurt beaten into it.

No hairballs, minimal vet visits, perfect teeth and many other benefits. They have all been raised on raw from the time they were weaned. None of them have touched a piece of kibble in their whole lives. My dogs eat raw too and with careful shopping and sale watching I feed 2 50 pound dogs and 9 cats for 80 dollars a month.

Unread 12-03-2008   #10 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

I used to feed my cat with Science Diet but we had to switch because my poor baby often had diarrhea. SD products have been recalled in the market in the past, a year ago, if I'm not mistaken.
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

|

|
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catlover83 For This Useful Post:

Tags
age , animal , babies , baby , behavior , bills , black , boy , brown , canned food , car , care for your cats , cat , cats , commercial , diabetes , diarrhea , diet , dogs , dry food , eating , egg , fish , food , found , great , growth , happy , healthy , hey , information about cats , interesting , kitten , kitten food , kitty , lost , loving , mistake , morning , mouse , nutrition , opinion , pet , pet food , problems , question , raw , rescue , royal , sale , save , shelter , shopping , sick , small , transition , turkey , type , vet , vet bills , weaned , weight , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links