It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-21-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

monchoix is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 1
Default Answered: Help

2 weeks ago, I adopted 2 Siamese cat from shelter (only there 10 days). Were from same litter & home, about 2 yrs old. Didn't look like brother: one was bigger/heavier. Visited them 3 days @ lunch break, cats seemed OK. Brought them home same day they got neutered. 1st night cats slept in porch on separate chairs. It was heaven! Next morning little sat on my lap & big one attacked him scratching him & me in the midst. Shelter told me cats needed to get acclimated & there was always a dominant one. Then big one sprayed every room of house... it stunk! And both had fleas!! Both slept again in porch, & little one was roaming & big one attacked him for no reason, both on back legs fighting, fur flying every where, it stopped quite quickly. After agonizing in guilt, brought big one back to shelter:it was horrible! Kept smaller one who adapted well, BUT follows me every where, glued to my legs, attacks my ankles for attention, meows looking for me. Ok when am @ home, but when gone 10-12 hrs, he gets lonely: Will he get over it, Does he need a friend, female or male, grown up or kitten? It stresses me so much, I am ready to bring him back to shelter or find him new family more at home.
Thank you for your help,
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Best Answer - Posted by monchoix
Thank you for your reply and wanted to let you know that I have found a wonderful new family for my siamese cat that loves him and he loves on them. His the king of the home. He helped me out for a while and I got him out of the shelter. Everything worked out fine.
Thank you again,

Isis and his previous Mom

Thank you for your reply and wanted to let you know that I have found a wonderful new family for my siamese cat that loves him and he loves on them. His the king of the home. He helped me out for a while and I got him out of the shelter. Everything worked out fine.
Thank you again,

Thank you again,

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-28-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Hi Monchoix, just saw your post - sorry you have had no response.

That is a tough decision you made to take the bigger cat back to the shelter - but sometimes that is the only way. I definitely think that you should think about getting the little one a companion. I think a young kitten would be best - if your little cat is a bit timid then a kitten would pose less of a threat and would definitely provide company and entertainment when you can't be at home. Personally I would never have just a single cat, especially when they are indoor cats, it must be so boring for them.

Good luck, let us know how it goes if you can!

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to supersmithy For This Useful Post:
Unread 03-01-2010   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Cool
Mokie is on a distinguished road

Hi Monchoix,

I 100% agree with Heidi, get a kitten (male or female) and I think your little guy will blossom
Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Mokie For This Useful Post:
Unread 03-18-2010   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

monchoix is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 1

Thank you again,

Thank you again,

Thank you again,

Tags
adopted , cat , cat answers , cat questions , cats , family , female , fighting , fleas , found , fur , hey , home , house , indoor , kitten , litter , male , morning , night , scratching , shelter , siamese , timid

Sponsored Cat Links