It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-11-2010   #11 (permalink)
Kitten

Marionana is on a distinguished road

Imperialfelines, thanks for your encouragement.....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-27-2010   #12 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Cheerful
TwoMits is on a distinguished road

I understand your worry about your cat escaping! I have been a lifelong cat owner and have 2 cats (Mitsy, 10 months and Twosocks, 2 1/2 years) and both are indoor cats. When we adopted Twosocks, he was already fixed and front declawed, we were told that he would not be a good fit for a home with children (I don't have any) because he loves to try to get outside. I thought maybe they were exaggerating it a bit, but as soon as we got him, we understood what the adoption agency meant. We think his desire to go outside is how he got into the foster system in the first place.

Twosocks has gotten outside through our patio door a couple times. He never goes very far, though. We are taking the cats to the cabin this weekend, and it will be the first time my mother-in-law will be around them for an extended period of time. She is not a cat person (yet!), and doesn't really seem to understand them much, so she could be just as troublesome as your grandson! We have warned her she needs to be careful to watch him when she goes in and out, but we got Twosocks and Mitsy collars and ID tags to wear for the weekend, just in case. You might consider doing this when your grandson is around. When we put the collars on, we give them a treat, and we take the collars off at night. Neither of them seem to mind them, and it gives me HUGE piece of mind!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-12-2010   #13 (permalink)
Kitten

Marionana is on a distinguished road

Hi TwoMits! Thank you for getting back to me. How did your weekend go with your mother-in-law and your cats...??? Hopefully, they didn't get out.

Two-Fifty has a collar and tag. I too, take it off at night. My concern is if he gets out and wonders off, our neighbors may think he's an indoor/outdoor cat and not pay attention. I had INDOOR CAT engraved rather than his name along with out phone number.

We live in the woods on seven arces . Very few neighbors on our road. To be honest, we know two and they have no idea we have a cat, sadly he won't be recognized..that's another concern.

Happy my kids, grandkids are coming in a few weeks, but dreading Two-Fifty's safety.

Tags
adopted , advice , age , boy , cat , cat answers , cat questions , cats , children , collar , eye , eyes , foster , hey , home , house , indoor , joke , kittens , kitty , laser , love , lucky , night , problem , sick , sleep , small , upset , vet , worry

Sponsored Cat Links