It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-15-2010   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

orangy is on a distinguished road
Default Answered: any food advice,or recommendations?.

any food advice,or recommendations?.for a6 to 7 Years old male cat ?.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Best Answer - Posted by AuntKitty
Male cats have a tendency to get urinary tract infections so they need wet food with low ash content such as Wellness and Wellness Core wet food. They need alot of water and since cat's don't always drink enough, they can get the water from the wet food. I add about a half cup of water to a quarter can (6 ounce can) of wet food twice a day plus I free-feed Wellness Core, Evo, or Blue Buffalo dry food. You do not want to feed your cat anything with meat by-products, wheat, or corn. By-products come from the "five D's"--dead, dying, decomposing, decaying, and diseased animals. Cat food companies also buy dead cats from shelters that have been euthanized because they were sick or because the shelter was too crowded, and they do not have to put it on the label. It just gets put under "animal by-products".

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-24-2010   #2 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 2

Male cats have a tendency to get urinary tract infections so they need wet food with low ash content such as Wellness and Wellness Core wet food. They need alot of water and since cat's don't always drink enough, they can get the water from the wet food. I add about a half cup of water to a quarter can (6 ounce can) of wet food twice a day plus I free-feed Wellness Core, Evo, or Blue Buffalo dry food. You do not want to feed your cat anything with meat by-products, wheat, or corn. By-products come from the "five D's"--dead, dying, decomposing, decaying, and diseased animals. Cat food companies also buy dead cats from shelters that have been euthanized because they were sick or because the shelter was too crowded, and they do not have to put it on the label. It just gets put under "animal by-products".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to AuntKitty For This Useful Post:
Unread 06-24-2010   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

Default Thanks for reply

It's too complex,what should we do?.
Unread 06-24-2010   #4 (permalink)
Top Cat

Is he an indoor cat? Active? Overweight or normal weight? Healthy? Let me know and I can help you better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 06-24-2010   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntKitty View Post
Is he an indoor cat? Active? Overweight or normal weight? Healthy? Let me know and I can help you better.
Mostly in and out ,may be underweight,now not so healthy(possible allergic reaction to the environmen's allergenes).rare possibility of fleas but I didn't see one unless microscopic
Unread 06-27-2010   #6 (permalink)
Top Cat

Since your cat is not overweight, then a good choice would be Wellness or Wellness Core Wet Food, found in Petco and other Pet product stores. You won't find it at the supermarket because supermarkets only sell "junk" cat food that I wouldn't even feed to a mosquito!! They sell 3 oz, 6 oz. and 12 oz. cans. Of course the larger cans are cheaper. I would feed a quarter can (the 6 oz can) in the morning and a quarter can in the evening to start. I would also feed Wellness Core dry food--just put enough to last all day so your cat can "graze" throughout the day. Cats will nibble up to 20 times a day. And the Wellness Core (it comes in a coppery brown bag) is protein based. It's a little pricy, but will be ALOT cheaper than the vet bills will be after feeding junk food to your cat. The supermarket brands of cat food is like feeding your cat McDonalds every single day!!! Of course they love the taste of the junk food so when you transition the cat to the new food, do it slowly or else the cat may not eat it. Mix a little with the cat's old food. Do this for a couple of days, and then mix a little more of the new food in with the old food. Do this for a couple of days, increasing the amount of new food every couple of days until eventually its just new food only. Also, when you are at the pet food store, please pick up a couple of can covers that fit right over the can of cat food so you can store the unused portion in the refrigerator. It will spoil if you don't refrigerate it.

The Following User Says Thank You to AuntKitty For This Useful Post:
Unread 06-27-2010   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

Default Thanks,I may try it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntKitty View Post
Since your cat is not overweight, then a good choice would be Wellness or Wellness Core Wet Food, found in Petco and other Pet product stores. You won't find it at the supermarket because supermarkets only sell "junk" cat food that I wouldn't even feed to a mosquito!! They sell 3 oz, 6 oz. and 12 oz. cans. Of course the larger cans are cheaper. I would feed a quarter can (the 6 oz can) in the morning and a quarter can in the evening to start. I would also feed Wellness Core dry food--just put enough to last all day so your cat can "graze" throughout the day. Cats will nibble up to 20 times a day. And the Wellness Core (it comes in a coppery brown bag) is protein based. It's a little pricy, but will be ALOT cheaper than the vet bills will be after feeding junk food to your cat. The supermarket brands of cat food is like feeding your cat McDonalds every single day!!! Of course they love the taste of the junk food so when you transition the cat to the new food, do it slowly or else the cat may not eat it. Mix a little with the cat's old food. Do this for a couple of days, and then mix a little more of the new food in with the old food. Do this for a couple of days, increasing the amount of new food every couple of days until eventually its just new food only. Also, when you are at the pet food store, please pick up a couple of can covers that fit right over the can of cat food so you can store the unused portion in the refrigerator. It will spoil if you don't refrigerate it.
Thanks,I may try it ,in the near future

Tags
advice , allergic , bills , brown , cat , cat answers , cat food , cat questions , cat's , cats , dry , dry food , dying , fleas , food , found , free , healthy , hey , indoor , kitty , male , overweight , pet food , rare , shelters , sick , transition , vet bills , water , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links