It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-18-2011   #11 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Crappy
kimmer is on a distinguished road
Default Thank You

Thanks. We will take him to the vet ASAP. I will also try the towel thing. The funny thing is that he does this to only ME mostly. My 14 year old son lives with me about half the time. When he comes home Willy tries to get his feet but not the whole body biting, scratching, jumping, and clawing like he does to me every chance he gets. My son can pick him up and cuddle and pet him, I try several times every day to do this and 99% of the time get bitten or scratched.

It has gotten so bad that I hate being around him. He is such a nice precious kitty. He comes and sits and sleeps on my lap in the evenings while I'm either at the computer doing homework or in the chair watching t.v. But, at any given moment he either has his claws or teeth in me. I play with him morning and night during the week. And several times during the weekends too.

We got a couple of laser and for the most part I can carry one of those around if I am going upstairs or into the kitchen. I either shine it in front of me or behind me and he will follow and play with the reflection instead of attacking me.

However if I am at the computer or the chair I can't hear or see him and that is when he attacks the most. Unfortunately when I am doing homework I just don't have the time to keep watch and fight him off. I usually wear a sweater around the house and he will get either his teeth or claws in it and I have to "shake" him loose. I do have to put him in the kitchen with the door shut so I can get homework done without having to be on guard. We bought a small collar with a bell on it but have yet to be successful in getting it on him.

I too have to pretty much wear an armour of thick sweats, two pairs of socks and slippers just to keep from getting ripped apart. With summer coming however I am not going to have that luxury of dressing so thickly.

I honestly do love the little guy, but I am getting frustrated and quite frankly exhausted from having to be on guard all the time. I literally can't walk through the house without getting attacked. There have been several times that he has come out of nowhere when I have been walking down the stairs and almost tripped me when he bites on my feet or legs.

Any other suggestions?? I am desperate!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-19-2011   #12 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 1

When on the computer or doing homework, are you in a room where you could simply shut the door and keep him out? Trimming the claws would help with the scratches.
What I do with attacking kittens is scream. Not enough to bring the police but loud enough to startle the kitten. As high pitch as possible. Then do not interact with the kitten, he is trying to get your attention. Be sure to give lots of play/affection when the kitten is being good, it's up to you to teach him what the proper way is to get attention!
Having 2 kittens not only gives them both someone to play with, it is also way fun. The entertainment value is worth any extra costs!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-19-2011   #13 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Crappy
kimmer is on a distinguished road

That's the thing. I do all that. Really the only time I put him in another room, which is the kitchen, right by where I am sitting in the dining room, is when he is naughty. I firmly scold him, telling him no. I am continually letting him out, usually every half hour at least. I pick him up, cuddle and kiss him. Sometimes he is good then and goes and plays or sits on my lap. But most of the time he either claws and scratches my face when I am cuddling/kissing him. Or within minutes of letting him out.

Several times I just quit doing my homework for awhile and play with him. He loves the lasers and I also have a toy with a long piece of soft material on the end of a "wand". It's like one of those twirly things the girls use in the Olympics. He just loves that one too. I play with him for a while, you'd think by time we are done he would be tuckered out. NOPE, not Mr. Psycho. LOL, that's what we've come to call him.

Trust me I scream. He absolutely KNOWS he's being naughty too. You can see it in his little eyes, and he hightails it to another room. For example, if he is on the dining room table, it's behind my computer chair, I hear him up there and sometimes I don't even have to turn around, I just say his name sternly and he's down and hiding.

I also do exactly what you say about praising him. I am constantly doing that any time he is good. He gets lots of attention and love. He's just psycho most of the time. He honestly can make circles around the living room in seconds, like the Kitty 500. He goes from floor to couch, to back of couch, to other couch, at least a 3 foot jump, to the mantle, to the ledge by the stairs, another 2-3 foot jump, the back of the recliner to the top of the t.v. in about 30 seconds. It's/he's CRAZY. LOL

The funny thing is my son and I both are bipolar, my son is also autistic. So, we do joke that Psycho kitty fits right in.

I am not allowed to have more than one cat right now where I rent. We are moving at the end of April and I am most definitely looking for a place that will allow at least 2 kitties.

Last edited by kimmer; 03-19-2011 at 02:58 AM. Reason: change font size

Tags
affectionate , another cat , attacking , baby , behavior , bite , bites , biting , brother and sister , care , cat , cat answers , cat questions , cats , claws , collar , color , crazy , dog , dogs , eye , eyes , fiber , furniture , hey , hiding , hiss , home , huge cat , hurt , kitten , kittens , laser , litter , mat , medical , moving , paw , person , play , playing , problems , scared , scratching , scream , shelter , shoes , social , stop , tips , training , wild

Sponsored Cat Links