It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-24-2010   #1 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 2
Thumbs up Unanswered: Drinkwell360 Fountain

I recently inquired about water fountains for cats because my cats prefer to drink from the faucet instead of their bowl. A couple of weeks ago I purchased the Drinkwell360 pet fountain, and I said I would write back after a couple of weeks of having it. It was easy to put together and has several "rings" so that water will come down in one spot, two, three, four, or five places. You can also adjust how fast the water comes out. My cats seem to like it. But after a couple of weeks I noticed that the water was coming out slower and slower from the fountain part, even when adjusted all the way up. Apparently, this means that it was time for a good cleaning. I unplugged the fountain first. Since there was alot of water in the bowl I took a turkey baster, and suctioned off alot of water before carrying it to my sink to discard the rest of the water. Yes, it definitely needed a good cleaning and was very slippery and slimy. That means I will have to be more diligent about cleaning it. I found it very easy to take apart and clean except for one thing. There is a cone that sits on top of the bowl, and it gets turned clockwise to lock it in. When you clean it, you must turn it counterclockwise to unlock the "tabs" holding it. However, no matter how hard I turned, I couldn't budge it. I had to take a screwdriver and put the screw tip into one of the holes, and then gently tap the side of the screwdriver with a hammer in order to unlock the cone from the bowl. When I did that, it came right out, but there must be an easier way. Anyway, for the most part it was very easy to take apart and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a way to get their cats to drink more water.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
cat answers , cat questions , cats , cleaning , fast , found , mat , pet , turkey , water

Sponsored Cat Links