It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-18-2010   #31 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 1

I have simply speculation at this point, but she probably just needs her own time to explore her new surroundings, and is secluding herself until she has a grasp on what's happening, and the fact that this IS her new home. I'm sure she'll be back to her old self with just a little time. Glad to hear she made the trip so well, though, and I wish you luck with everything else

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-18-2010   #32 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

I'm so glad the flight went well, whew that must have been a stressful time. What is a pet area in an airport like?

I recommend you install some feliway plug in diffusers to help Frankie adjust to her new surroundings. Put out as many familiar smelling things as you can, right away, blankets and your clothes, for instance.

She's with you, which is the most important thing, and as Brandon said it will take some time for her to get acclimated. And remember she's just had her phenobarbital upped so she may have the "dopies" for a couple of days.

Do you have a vet lined up? Moving is hard enough, but changing vets with a special needs cat must be worrisome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-18-2010   #33 (permalink)
Newborn

Mandia99508 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
I'm so glad the flight went well, whew that must have been a stressful time. What is a pet area in an airport like?

I recommend you install some feliway plug in diffusers to help Frankie adjust to her new surroundings. Put out as many familiar smelling things as you can, right away, blankets and your clothes, for instance.

She's with you, which is the most important thing, and as Brandon said it will take some time for her to get acclimated. And remember she's just had her phenobarbital upped so she may have the "dopies" for a couple of days.

Do you have a vet lined up? Moving is hard enough, but changing vets with a special needs cat must be worrisome.
The pet area was covered in wood chips... not dirt or rocks or grass. Just pitiful. I don't understand why they would choose large wood chips.

Way ahead of you on the Feliway. One of the first things I did when I got here. So I'm not sure they work or not. She's more comfortable today. But still hides for the most part.

I had a vet lined up before we even got here. I made the appointment for her before we even finished our appointments in Anchorage. Found a cat guru. No more young lady vets though, I will say that. I'm choosing my vet based on their age from now on. I won't be subject to lack of experience or money grubbing ever again.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-23-2010   #34 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

Mandy I am a firm believer that Nature has a way of putting special kitties like Frankie right where they will get the best care and love possible. You and Frankie only reaffirm that belief.

I hope you will keep us posted on how you and she are doing.

Gail

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 10-23-2010   #35 (permalink)
Newborn

Mandia99508 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
Mandy I am a firm believer that Nature has a way of putting special kitties like Frankie right where they will get the best care and love possible. You and Frankie only reaffirm that belief.

I hope you will keep us posted on how you and she are doing.

Gail
Thank you Gail. Those are some very kind words, and I really appreciate that outlook and respect.

Frankie is doing better than I ever could have expected. She's adjusting so well to her knew surroundings and she's happy.

I awoke this morning to classic Frankie behavior. She was playing with her toy mouse. She carries it around in her mouth and throws it in the air. Shoves it under dressers and doorways, then somehow manages to retrieve them, even without her claws (she's currently wearing soft-claws). I love her so much. I nearly started crying as I watched her play. Knowing that everything is going to be okay for her is the best feeling I've had in a long long time. She's truly my baby girl, and I will love her and her brother (he's in kitty heaven) for the rest of my life.

B-
I went through one of your albums of my cats today on deviant art, and I was so surprised at the comments and how most of them were on photos of Frank. She's truly beautiful, I just didn't think many others would agree. It was nice to look at Lenny again. He was such a photogenic little fatty. Thanks for posting them all. If you have more up somewhere else, can you post or send me the link.
Unread 10-23-2010   #36 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 1

Everything I have of your cats is in that album.. As will future ones of Scraps and Sophie if I do end up staying over there again this Thanksgiving (which I'll let you know for sure if that happens). I don't believe I left any out. And yeah... Frankie is definitely such a beautiful kitty

Tags
advice , affectionate , age , aggressive , another cat , apartment , art , attack , beautiful , behavior , belly , birds , birth , bladder , boy , care , cat , cat answers , cat questions , cats , changed , classic , claws , clean , crying , cut , defensive , depressed , disoriented , eating , eye , eyes , feral , food , girl , healthy , hey , home , house , hurt , loss , lost , love , loving , money , moving , new home , opinion , person , picture , playing , problems , scared , search , siamese , sleeping , snowshoe , socialize , surgery , type , vet , video , vomit , window

Sponsored Cat Links