It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-17-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

pitbull4_u is on a distinguished road
Default Unanswered: I have a possible concern about my kitten

Hi everyone. I just joined a few moments ago. The reason I joined, is because I have a slight concern & am looking for any help I can get. I recently took a 5 week old kitten from a lady whos cat had given birth to. The only reason I took that kitten at the paticular age, is because the lady was going to have the kittens put to sleep

I took one & I took a 2nd one for my mother. However, I'm concerned that the one I have, isn't eating enough. I bought a bag of kitten food. I make sure & mix it with room temperature water. I also went & bought that stuff called "Kitten replacement milk". I got the powder, that ya mix with water.

Well she seems to like the replacement milk. However, she doesn't seem to drink very much of it. I'm just wondering if there's anything else I can do? I want to ensure that she grows up big & strong and has a long healthy life. Please, any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-18-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

Hello and welcome to our forum! Thank you for rescuing those babies. For heaven's sake why doesn't that stupid person get the mother cat spayed rather than killing kittens, gah, people make me sick.

Anyway on to your little baby. I recommend you feed her canned kitten food mixed with the KMR, rather than the kibble.

Canned food is much better for her, and you won't have to worry about if she is getting enough liquid in her diet, as canned food is at least 75% water.

You want to make an appointment for a vet check up of course. When she is 8 weeks old or 2 pounds (whichever comes first) she will need to be dewormed, and tested for FeLV/FIV.

What's her name?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-18-2010   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

pitbull4_u is on a distinguished road

Her name's Leah. The other one was named Brooklyn. What's odd is, they were born on September 11th. What're the odds?

Anyhow, thank you for the advice. I agree 100% with you. It angered me, when she said that she was going to take 'em to the pound. She could save alot of hassle by just having the mother cat fixed. But even though I can't change how she thinks, I can at least do my part. I'd a taken the rest of 'em if I could.

But as far as having her dewormed, I'm already gathering information to have her fixed & get her shots now. That way when the time comes, everything will be put into place to go through the process

Tags
advice , age , babies , baby , birth , cat , cat answers , cat questions , diet , eating , fiv , fixed , food , healthy , hey , kitten , kitten food , kittens , moments , person , save , sick , sleep , spayed , suggestions , vet , water , worry

Sponsored Cat Links