It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-27-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

shirleygirl is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Unanswered: cat wont let me treat ear mites

hi can someone help please cat gets very visouse when i try to put ear drops in tried every thing
it must be treated but is there tablets out there that i can mix with her food
thank you
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-27-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

You can use the spot on flea treatment called Revolution for cats, that will treat your cat's ear mites.

If you have already treated your cat with another spot on flea product such as Frontline plus or Advantage, you will have to wait the 30 days from the day you treated, but then use Revolution instead.

Revolution is available only at your vet, so call your vet and ask about it.

I do have one other concern though, and that is, if your cat has anything other than mites going on in her ears. If she has a bacterial infection, or yeast infection that is also being treated the drops will still be necessary.

I can help you with putting the drops in her ears:

Get everything ready before hand and do this:

use a dot of something soft and wet she likes. You can try mayonnaise, yogurt, even a little soft butter or cream cheese. Just a drop will do, for both before and after the drops. (if you use butter or cream cheese make sure it is room temperature and soft)

Make sure you have everything ready, in a bowl is good. Ear drops and spoon with a little mayonnaise (or whatever)

Use the holding position. Kneel on the floor with your feet crossed behind you, hold kitty between your knees facing out. She will try to back away and will not be able to.

With cat in holding position (as described above), put a dot of the mayo (or whatever) on kitty's mouth to keep her busy. She will be licking the stuff off her mouth and nose while you do the drops.

While kitty is licking her mouth, position the drops over her ear and drop them in, and massage the ear. Quick put another drop of mayo on her mouth.

Repeat with other ear. There are also restraining bags you can buy, or you can learn to wrap her in a towel, though that does take some practice and skill, I'm sure you could learn it.

Welcome to our forum. What's your kitty's name? Please do let us know how she's doing, and if you get the Revolution. If you are in Europe the Revolution is called Stronghold for cats.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-03-2010   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

Cat Connection is on a distinguished road

Ya gotta do it. Wrap her in a blanket like a burrito. If you cannot get her to a vet. If you ignore the mites she can have serious damage to her ears.

Tags
age , black , cat , cat answers , cat questions , cat's , cats , food , frontline , infection , kitty , licking , mites , nose , vet

Sponsored Cat Links