It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-19-2010   #11 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chooch is on a distinguished road

hi nancy, i feed them pouches of wet food, i try and only give them dry food once or twice a week, i wouldnt feed them dry food every day as it makes them very dehydrated. I remember years ago the vet told me not to give them a completely dry diet because of the dehydration, i wouldnt like to eat dry food every day either!

Jonesy is 18 months and mikey is nearly 3 months old, i have tried every way to stop them eating each other food but its very difficult in practice. Also i have had cats for 30 years and kitten food is relatively new to the market, previously all my kittens ate 'normal' cat food and my first cat lived to she was 22 years old, so i dont think its will do mikey any harm to eat some adult food. dont want to feed them both on kitten food cos jonesy would get fat, so i decided to do half and half.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-19-2010   #12 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Breezy
nperine is on a distinguished road

Hi from Maui Boy's Mom.

I guess what it all boils down to is what works for you! And .. what works for the kitties. If Mikey likes the regular food and can eat the more chunky sizes, great. So, does it really matter if they eat out of each other's bowls? Just as long as they're eating well, drinking enough water, it should work out fine.

My Bailey Cat didn't like canned food, preferred all dry food. He never over ate and drank a lot of water. I gave him Science Diet for older cats at the Vet's recommendation. He was a big boy ... tall and lean and weighed 17-1/2 lbs. with not an ounce of fat on him. He passed away recently at 16-1/2 years old.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-19-2010   #13 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chooch is on a distinguished road

yes very true, as long as they are both healthy and not getting fat, im happy!

Tags
addition , adult , age , boy , canned food , cat , cat answers , cat food , cat questions , catching , cats , diet , dry food , eating , eye , eyes , food , free , funny , great , healthy , hey , home , kitten , kitten food , kittens , kitty , litter , overweight , problem , problems , queen , question , senior , small , turkey , upset , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links