It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-12-2010   #1 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Cheerful
Hawki is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Unanswered: Sick kitty update

We contacted the SPCA Shelter where we got Mistletoe, they agreed to take her back and try to get her healthy again, we just got back from returning her, I am close to tears....they feel that Mistletoe might have more respiratory issues from being in the fire/smoke inhalation than they first noticed...2 of her house mates are also very ill.
We explained to the shelter people that we couldn't afford extensive vet bills at this time but if they were able to get Mistletoe healthy we would gladly take her back, They were very nice and understanding, they even offered to let us pick a different kitty, unfortunately, in the week we've had Mistletoe we have become 'atttached' I am hoping my little lady pulls thru, hopefully this will all work out, we were going to get Mistletoe spayed at the shelter in the near future so I am hoping we'll get her back in a week or so healthy and fixed.
Losing one cat and possibly losing another in a little over a month just really hurts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-13-2010   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

xytor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xytor

I know how you feel. I hope Mistletoe gets well soon
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-13-2010   #3 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Lu_Bloodmoon is on a distinguished road

Lestat and I are hoping that Mistletoe will get better so that you can be re-united soon.

I understand what you feel. Two weeks after taking Lestat home with us he got ill and had to be hospitalized. At the time we didn't know if he would make it and it's unbelievable how much you get attached to a pet in just a few days... Fortunately all ended up well and Lestat is a very healthy kitten now.

Cats are warriors. Don't lose your hope!

"Dogs have masters. Cats have servants."
Unread 12-13-2010   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

Wow, she must have been in bad shape for you to bring her back, if you felt you couldn't care for her, you did the right thing. Has Mistletoe been tested for FeLV/FIV?

It's good of the shelter to take her in and nurse her back to health for you. Just call or visit every day so they know you are committed and are not planning to leave her there forever.

Please keep us posted, how is Callie doing, is she looking for Mistletoe?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 01-03-2011   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

sassy61 is on a distinguished road

Any updates?

Tags
bills , care , cat , cat answers , cat questions , fire , fiv , fixed , health , healthy , hey , home , house , kitten , kitty , nice , pet , shelter , sick , spayed , vet , vet bills , warriors

Sponsored Cat Links