It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-01-2011   #11 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chooch is on a distinguished road

thanks lu, yeah they said he wont have stitches so thats good. Just called the vet and they said he has been done and everything went well. I've to pick him up at 6.15. I dropped him off at nine this morning, seems a long time for him to be in for a ten minute procedure, i know he needs recovery time but i thought i was getting him back about three, my boy will be starving hes not had anything since eight o clock last nite.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-01-2011   #12 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

They like to keep an eye on them after general anesthesia. It's a good sign that they are keeping him, it means they are a careful operation. Sometimes discount spay/neuter clinics can not be so great, cutting corners and such. This one obviously is one of the good ones.

We're having a blizzard which is why I have all this time in front of the computer. I'm going out to shovel as soon as the neighbor (if he ever) stops snow blowing. he has a love affair with that snow blower I swear and just goes on with it for hours, drives me crazy, lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-01-2011   #13 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Its not a discount vet gail, they are a private clinic and pretty expensive. How it works is that a cat charity (cats protection league) pay the cost and the owner pays only five pounds towards it. At this vet it would normally cost £50 ($80) for a neuter, so the vet recovers the rest of the payment (£45) from the charity. Also i had one of my cats done there 20 years ago and was very happy with the care they gave her so i was happy to get him done there, just cant wait to get him home now.

Last edited by chooch; 02-01-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Unread 02-01-2011   #14 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch View Post
Its not a discount vet gail, they are a private clinic and pretty expensive. How it works is that a cat charity (cats protection league) pay the cost and the owner pays only five pounds towards it. At this vet it would normally cost £50 ($80) for a neuter, so the vet recovers the rest of the payment (£45) from the charity. Also i had one of my cats done there 20 years ago and was very happy with the care they gave her so i was happy to get him done there, just cant wait to get him home now.
Ah, I like that. I am so glad you found them. And no wonder he's getting such excellent care!

I can't wait for him to be home either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 02-01-2011   #15 (permalink)
Cool Cat

what the heck is a snow blower lol, is it like a leaf blower? so does he blow all the snow over to your drive, sounds like an annoying neighbour, he he
Unread 02-01-2011   #16 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

A snow blower is a machine that sucks up the snow and blows it in whatever direction the user points it. usually to the side of the driveway (yard) or the road

Actually now my landlord is out there, and he takes hours too. I am dying to get up on the hill to snow shoe, geesh!

I guess you don't get a lot of snow over there in Glasgow, lol.

here's the general idea

please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 08-04-2014 at 12:42 AM.
Unread 02-01-2011   #17 (permalink)
Cool Cat

aha so thats it, look just like a lawnmower. Oh we get plenty of snow gail, but i live in flats so we dont need snow blowers round here, the council put grit on the pavements and roads but haven't noticed anyone with a snowblower!

It was snowing here from november till the beginning of january, im glad its gone now though, it looks nice but a pain to walk around in it. Will be glad when the summer gets here, i've had enough of these cold dark nights.
Unread 02-01-2011   #18 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

We're having a real "old fashioned" winter this year. Lately, past few years it's been more ice than snow. But we're getting snow this year. It snows every day, and every night, usually only an inch or two but then about once a week we get a storm that dumps about 8 inches.

This storm is predicted-over the next 2 days- to give us up to 2 feet of snow, and then turn into sleet.

I am really fortunate that I have the kind of life and work that I can stay home with out penalty when the weather is bad. I wont go on the roads in bad weather, people drive like maniacs.

PS I'll post some pics later when I go out to snow shoe.

please read this first
Unread 02-01-2011   #19 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Lu_Bloodmoon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch View Post
I've to pick him up at 6.15. I dropped him off at nine this morning, seems a long time for him to be in for a ten minute procedure, i know he needs recovery time but i thought i was getting him back about three, my boy will be starving hes not had anything since eight o clock last nite.
That's normal and like Gail said it's a good sign that they care and want to watch over the cat. After all it's a general anesthesia and they want to make sure the cat is perfectly recovered before being dismissed from the clinic. I dropped off Lestat at the hospital at 10.30 am and picked him up at 8 pm. Also because in the morning they ran the blood tests to see if everything was ok with his health in order to go ahead with surgery.

About the starving, be prepared to have a very hungry cat once he gets home. Mine seemed like he hasn't eaten in a week hehe, I never saw him eating so fast and so much at once. He reminded me of my Labrador (RIP) who didn't even chew the food.

"Dogs have masters. Cats have servants."
Unread 02-02-2011   #20 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Breezy
nperine is on a distinguished road

Hopefully, Mikey breezed through his surgery and everything's back to normal at home.
The way I weigh Maui Boy is to get on the scale with him in my arms. Note the weight. Then I weigh myself and deduct that number from the amount of pounds while he was in my arms. Works every time!!!

Aloha from Nancy & Maui Boy

Weird how we can all communicate about our cats, etc. and be in totally different weather conditions. Today on Maui we had clear blue skies, white clouds, lots of sun, approx. 80 degrees, light trade winds blowing. A gorgeous Maui day!!!

My friends are here visiting from Plymouth, Michigan and they said up to 24" of snow was predicted for today/tonight. YIKES!!! They are ticketed home early Fri. and don't want to leave Maui!
The Following User Says Thank You to nperine For This Useful Post:

Tags
another cat , black , boy , cat , cat answers , cat questions , cats , cold , collar , crazy , crying , cut , discount , eating , eye , eyes , fast , fiv , great , happy , hey , home , kitten , love , male , morning , neuter , neutering , night , picture , pictures , queen , scary , sick , spay , spay/neuter , stitches , surgery , vet , weight , worry

Sponsored Cat Links