It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-31-2011   #1 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chooch is on a distinguished road
Default Unanswered: mikey surgery tomorrow!

YIKES! Just called a local private vet regarding neutering. The charity vet that im registered with said they cant do him till he is eight and a half months cos they have a big waiting list. Didnt want to wait that long so i looked on the cat protection website and they are involved in a cat neuter scheme with local private vets and you can get your cat neutered for £5.

So i just thought i would call and ask, and have been given an appointment for tomorrow morning at nine o clock!. Told them he was just five and a half months but she said it would be fine as long as he weighs over 2 kilos.

I hope he will be okay, going to be worried sick all night now, eek!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-31-2011   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

Wow 5 kilos! (I had to look it up, for us Americans, that's about 11 pounds) Queen Eva is almost 8 months old and only weighs 6.5 pounds, she's just petitie.

All paws crossed for Mikey! In a way this is good Jan, now you don't have a long time to worry about an upcoming procedure.

Keep us posted!

Hey, got any new pics of him? I just can't get my mind around that little kitten weighing 11 pounds, LOL.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-31-2011   #3 (permalink)
Cool Cat

think you must have read that wrong there gail, lol. I was saying that they have to be over 2 kilos to get surgery, its gonna cost me £5 ! so maybe that was the confusion. Not sure how much he weighs but im sure he is over 2 kilos. I would really be worried if was 5 kilos, he he
Unread 01-31-2011   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

LOL LOL LOL!!!!

well good luck to him anyway, maybe you can get a weight while he's in.

<still laughing>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 01-31-2011   #5 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Ha ha, im still trying to picture a big huge 5 kilo mikey, which would be scary! Never been through a male neuter before, was looking online and the way i was reading it he might just get the incision glued and not have any stitches which would be great cos i wouldnt need to put a collar on him, still worrying about anaesthetic and anything else there is to worry about lol
Unread 01-31-2011   #6 (permalink)
Cool Cat

gail i have just weighed mikey with one of those luggage weighing scales and he is according to that scale between 5 and 6 kilos or 11 pounds!

So maybe you were right after all ha ha, will ask the vet to give me his weight tomorrow and will let u know, he doesnt look that heavy but he feels heavy when i lift him, i think its because he is getting muscles!
Unread 01-31-2011   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

In the pictures you posted 3 weeks ago Mikey doens't look fat at all. I think he's just going to be a big buster.

I'll be thinking of him tomorrow! And of you, it's so hard on us when we have to leave them for stuff like this.

please read this first
Unread 02-01-2011   #8 (permalink)
Cool Cat

thats me dropped mikey off at the vet, i was a bit tearful when i left cos he was crying his wee head off but it will all be over soon i suppose, got to ring the vet at half two to see if he is ready to go home.

Also to gail> i just realised when i weighed him on those luggage scales that i was reading pounds not kilos. so he is definately between 5 and 6 POUNDS not kilos! Think i was so stressed out last nite i didnt know wot i was doing, lol
Unread 02-01-2011   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thinking of you and Mikey Jan!

please read this first
Unread 02-01-2011   #10 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Lu_Bloodmoon is on a distinguished road

I'm sure everything will be fine with Mikey. I totally understand your worries because as you know I as feeling the same way one month ago with Lestat but all went well.

They will probably just use that thing "glue" and no stitches, just like Lestat, which is much more simple.

Wow just £5?? That's so cheap!!! I payed 70 euros just for the neuter. Another 45€ for the blood tests, 35€ for the microchip and 30€ for the FIV and FeLV tests. Total of 180€.

"Dogs have masters. Cats have servants."

Tags
another cat , black , boy , cat , cat answers , cat questions , cats , cold , collar , crazy , crying , cut , discount , eating , eye , eyes , fast , fiv , great , happy , hey , home , kitten , love , male , morning , neuter , neutering , night , picture , pictures , queen , scary , sick , spay , spay/neuter , stitches , surgery , vet , weight , worry

Sponsored Cat Links