It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-11-2011   #31 (permalink)
Newborn

gossamer is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone for your input. I just bought an incline scratcher and the Bergan toy you mentioned. Havoc is getting better, but that could partially be because she's getting older..

I've taped up the chair she loves. Hopefully she'll take to the cardboard... Just didn't want little bits of cardboard around the house

Thanks,
Alex
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-11-2011   #32 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Cheerful
Mikebird59 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer View Post
Thanks everyone for your input. I just bought an incline scratcher and the Bergan toy you mentioned. Havoc is getting better, but that could partially be because she's getting older..

I've taped up the chair she loves. Hopefully she'll take to the cardboard... Just didn't want little bits of cardboard around the house

Thanks,
Alex
well, am glad about the scratching post, the carboard bits are the least of your worries, believe me. That ssscat product works GREAT and Buddha has not even TOUCHED the chair since I have used it.

About his skin, the vet said it is nervous overgrooming (something or other "apropecia") and gave me some "bitter apple" 3x a day used, spray as a deterrent, it KIND OF works, but have seen that the fur loss is due to licking, no fungus or scratching or ringworm, just licking. He hates the bitter apple and then starts to drink more water if he tastes it so that is the "somewhat" of it working. It has only been one day so we wiill see. He is a real good boy about taking his fish oil pill every morning, no muss fuss or fight. I just hate to make him any more neurotic with pills, hiss noises and spray but it's like training a child, and he gets it quickly. Very good baby he is. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebird59 View Post
well, am glad about the scratching post, the carboard bits are the least of your worries, believe me. That ssscat product works GREAT and Buddha has not even TOUCHED the chair since I have used it.

About his skin, the vet said it is nervous overgrooming (something or other "apropecia") and gave me some "bitter apple" 3x a day used, spray as a deterrent, it KIND OF works, but have seen that the fur loss is due to licking, no fungus or scratching or ringworm, just licking. He hates the bitter apple and then starts to drink more water if he tastes it so that is the "somewhat" of it working. It has only been one day so we wiill see. He is a real good boy about taking his fish oil pill every morning, no muss fuss or fight. I just hate to make him any more neurotic with pills, hiss noises and spray but it's like training a child, and he gets it quickly. Very good baby he is. Cheers!
oh and he has an incline scratcher he loves as it has a seat and it is by "his window" so he can look outside too, he has always loved it and it is no problem to vacuum up the carpet cardboard bits. I also have a "entire home" air purifier/ionizer on order from Overstock.com as well (about $250), that will clean the air and reduce allergens and dust. So, let's just pray the bitter apple works and the fur comes back. I did mention the "fungus" thing to the vet, but his shin is clear, no irritation at all. It has only been a day so "fingers and toes crossed...and eyes" lol
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
aggressive , another cat , art , attack , behavior , birth , bite , biting , box , boy , car , carpet , cat , cat answers , cat questions , cat toys , catnip , cats , claws , clean , collar , eyes , fur , furniture , game , guide , hey , home , house , hurt , indoor , internet , kitten , kitty , litter , litter box , love , mat , picture , play , playing , scratch , scratching , senior cat , siblings , window

Sponsored Cat Links