It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-09-2011   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Hybridtheory2o is on a distinguished road
Default Unanswered: Hybrid cats

Ive never really been a cat fan until I saw some of these hybrid cats online and they look really cool and I like how they are extremely playful, can walk them on a leash and they are bigger than most cats. I wasnt sure where to start trying to get some info but I stumbled upon this forum and thought maybe this would be a good starting place.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Im mainly interested in savahanna hybrids. I am currently trying to look around for a legitimate breeder.

Last edited by Hybridtheory2o; 02-09-2011 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Specification
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-09-2011   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

I am against hybrid breeding and owning them is illegal in many areas. Check your local laws before you do anything else, but in my opinion, leave the wild cats wild.

Especially if you have no experience with cats at all. Go to your local shelter or rescue and give a "regular" cat or two a home who needs one.

I don't believe in owning or breeding exotic animals.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-12-2011   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 2

I don't believe in breeding ANY cats~~wild, hybrid, or regular housecats~~until every single cat is adopted out of every single shelter. Most so-called "breeders" are just greedy slime-balls who keep the poor animal in horrible, inhumane conditions. Prior to knowing this, I purchased a German Shepherd puppy from a breeder. The puppy came to me completely infested with fleas and earmites, had worms and a bladder infection and was mentally unstable and vicious. She would stand at the back door scratching on it and barking nonstop until I let her out into the fenced-in yard, and then she would stand outside barking constantly until I let her inside. This would start every day at 5 a.m. with the constant barking. She also bit 6 people, and the last time she broke out of the fence and bit an elderly man who had to go to the hospital and he reported it to the police. I ended up having to bring her to the pound for everyone's safety, hoping she could be adopted, but they euthanized her. I cried like a baby--My son and I were the only people who crossed paths with her that she never tried to bite, so I cried like a baby when I heard she was put to sleep. My friend got a dog from a breeder who had all kinds of medical problems and ended up dying of cancer at age 4, and the list goes on and on.
PLEASE DON'T BREED OR BUY
WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS HAVE TO DIE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
The Following User Says Thank You to AuntKitty For This Useful Post:
Unread 02-13-2011   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

Me too, Ann, against all breeding.

please read this first

Tags
adopted , age , art , bite , bladder , breeding , cat , cat answers , cat questions , cats , cool , dog , dying , elderly , exotic , fleas , hey , home , homeless , hybrid , infection , medical , opinion , problems , rescue , scratching , shelter , sleep , stop , wild

Sponsored Cat Links