It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-04-2011   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

stormalexis is on a distinguished road
Default Unanswered: Possibly Giving up for Adoption :/

Well, my Yoshi is a handful, I can deal with that lol But I recently found out Im allergic to him. On top of that, he likes to play fight with ME and others; biting and scratching me, my sister, and sometimes even babies. I send him to the room when he does that. I tried all techniques to get this to stop, but in the end, someone suggested that should get another slightly older cat to help teach him that kind of behavior is wrong, which I cannot do. (i got him early, when he was 7wks, big mistake!)

But the effect that the biting and scratching has had on me is that, my arms and legs are very hideous, they're scarred. And I think once he's bitten or scratched me, the allergies make me itch, and I scratch the scars, making them worse. It's to the point where I scratch in my sleep :S (not very pretty in the morning)

But I really love my Yoshi ! Im trying benadryl .. which I've just started taking, and Im not sure if that will help any itching yet. But my mother says I shouldn't pet him, or cuddle him, because she doesn't do that and he never bites or scratches her at all. So should I just take meds and refrain from touching him at all, or just give him to someone else?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-04-2011   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

I'm with your mother. Keep him and just accept that you have a hands off kind of cat.

Not all cats are cuddly.Unless you know someone who knows a lot about cats and how to socialize them, he will end up dumped in the woods somewhere, abused, or sold to a laboratory for experimentation.

Is he neutered? Does he go outside? I seem to remember talking to you about this before. I'll have to check back, but don't have time just now. Will be back later.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-05-2011   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

he is neutered and does not go outside. he has his moments where he likes to be cuddled, and moment where I know that he doesn't. it's just that he likes to play a lot and sometimes out of nowhere, lunges and leeches onto my arms and legs, sinking his teeth into my skin i don't use my hands to play with him at all, I did in the beginning for a brief period until I learned I should not and redirected his attention to toys, but he always seems to come back and bite on me.
Unread 04-06-2011   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Busy
Sunlight is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 1

Can I ask how old he is? This look for me he thinks you are his sister/brother and play with you on that way. He does not attach he just play. Any chance he get a sister?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 04-06-2011   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

He's six months now, he had a brother and sister and I adopted him too early which is why im in this situation now lol
Unread 04-12-2011   #6 (permalink)
kat
Cool Cat

My Mood: Angelic
kat is on a distinguished road

Oh, he sounds just like my Dizi... we've had the same problem. I found him when he was only 5 weeks old... so he also didn't learn how to react and when to stop We have been patient though, and when he does this I just say "Dizi... NO" and he stops, don't get me wrong, this has taken time, but he is learning...
One thing about Dizi is he seems to be so gentle towards kids... its amazing... like he knows that he can hurt them, but with his Mama he just thinks he can get away with murder which he can... but he is learning, and I thnk he has learnt from Sasha (my docile little queen) as well, which has helped.

Patience is a virtue when it comes to our furry little purrers! Hang in there! Best of luck, and please try some additional remidies before giving him up...

PROUD MUMMY OF DIZI AND SASHA!!!

Unread 11-01-2017   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

alexmercer is on a distinguished road

That's a bad news for the both of you right there. I do think that there is a process for returning the adopted pet. It all depends on the policy of where you adopt Yoshi. Maybe it is best to contact them for it to be precise and answer all of your questions.

Tags
adopted , adoption , allergic , allergies , amazing , babies , behavior , bite , bites , biting , brother and sister , cat , cat answers , cat questions , cats , fight , found , hey , hurt , love , mistake , moments , morning , pet , play , scratching , sleep , socialize , stop , toys

Sponsored Cat Links