It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-07-2011   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

pinkcandy is on a distinguished road
Default Unanswered: stray cat

there has been a cat in my neighbours garden for 2 weeks now. we took him to the vet and he was micro chipped bit the owner did not want him back. i have taken him on. he keps going to my neighbour as she has cat food in the garden.
i was told to keep him indoors so he knows where his home is. how long do i keep him in for as he knows the area. it makes it difficult as i already have a cat so they both stay in of he gets shut inmy bedroom.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-07-2011   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

Hello and welcome! Hurray for you for rescuing this kitty! Get the micro chip information changed right away. Who ever those jerks are who dumped him and don't want him back, I've heard it before, six months from now, when the one who rescued is deeply attached, they change their minds. Save all vet bills, and get the microchip info updated.

Why is your neighbor putting food out? Since he's used to eating there, as long as there is food there he is going to eat it. He may still come home to you, when he's ready to come inside, though, since he's been inside and been fed inside your house now.

Another idea is, when you let them out (him and your other cat?) keep food out on your porch, so they'll both come back to your door.

I am not a believer in letting cats outside, but I know different cultures feel differently, personally ideally you should keep them both in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-07-2011   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

pinkcandy is on a distinguished road

she was putting food out because he would look through the window and make her feel guilty

i will definately change the micro chip details changed over, thanks for that.

i was worried about keeping him indoors as he has never had a home but he has adapted to it really well. he spends all day on my bedand comes downstairs to meow when he wants more food.

do you think they eat as much as they can if they dont know where the next meal is coming from? i hope so as he is eating me out of house and home - he has had a whole tin of food and a bowl of biscuits!!!!!

Tags
bills , cat , cat answers , cat food , cat questions , cats , changed , eating , food , hey , home , house , kitty , meow , save , stray , vet , vet bills , window

Sponsored Cat Links