It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-15-2011   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

shard is on a distinguished road
Default Unanswered: My cats tail....

Me and my wife live in Texas and own 3 cats. 2 of them are siamese cross and the other is a persian cross.
All of them are pretty sweet cats, none are lap cats, but they will be affectionate when they want to. However one of the siamese went missing around a month ago.
A few days ago she re-appeared, with wounds on her side, and her tail is completely missing. Im not sure what the wounds on her side are, they kind of look like small burns, but its hard to tell because she refuses to let anyone get anywhere near her. She used to be fine with us approaching her and petting her, but now she just seems like shes terrified of us. (she isnt aggressive at all)

Does anyone have any idea what could have done this to her?

Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-15-2011   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

Oh my gosh! How terrible that she was lost, and has been hurt, but thank goodness she has come home. The most likely thing is that she was hit by a car. But she also could have been beaten up by a dog, or hurt by a sick depraved person.

There must be a wound where her tail was?

Please get her to the vet right away.

Welcome to the forum and please do keep us updated on your little girl.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-17-2011   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

shard is on a distinguished road

We have tried, but she wont let us get anywhere near her. She bolts as soon as she sees us pretty much.
Weve been trying to win her trust back, but she isnt co operating at all.
He tail looks like its healed over, and we assumed, when we first saw her, that an possom or something had attacked her.
It was the marks on her side that look like cigarette burns that made us wonder
Unread 04-18-2011   #4 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 1

Ask your vet if he has , or knows where you could borrow, a live trap. It is scary when the door shuts so fast, but it is the best way to help your kitty. Once you get her checked out, you could keep her in a room and let her settle down. She really needs to be checked over for any infections etc. She does sounds terrified and having her in a smaller, secure area will help her feel safe much faster. It will probably still take a while before she will feel comfortable being petted or held, give her space and let her come to you, but at least she will be safe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
affectionate , aggressive , car , cat answers , cat questions , cats , dog , fast , girl , hey , home , hurt , kitty , lost , missing , persian , person , pet , scary , siamese , sick , small , vet

Sponsored Cat Links