It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-17-2011   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Glencatman is on a distinguished road
Default Unanswered: Problem with neighbor's cat

Yesterday morning as I was going out to work, I caught the neighbor's cat pooping in one of the flower beds were I live, so I shoo'ed him away. Of course, I don't want to do anything to hurt the cat because I'm not that kind of person, I have two cats myself, so what should I do? Is there some kind of harmless spray I could use on the beds? Should I spread gravel or maybe turn it into a rock garden, or maybe plant cactuses there? My neighbor is not very responsible about her pets. Last summer her dog kept hopping the fence and pooping in my yard. It looks like she doesn't provide very adequate toilet facilities for her pets, so maybe that's why her pets use my residence for a toilet. I'm getting pretty peeved about the whole thing, and pretty soon I might have to report it to the animal shelter. Any advice? Thanks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-17-2011   #2 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Worried
alleygata is on a distinguished road

If it were me I guess I would ask myself, in the whole scheme of things how important is it really? It won't hurt the plants and cats usually bury it.

An alternative to doing nothing would be to get some animal repellent and spray the area. I don't have one to recommend but I'm sure someone else here does.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-17-2011   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

Well, the problem is that this flower bed is right by my basement suite kitchen window, and the dirt is sort of packed, making the droppings hard to bury...maybe I could just dig up the bed to make the dirt loose and tolerate it. My main concern is that dog crapping on my lawn...that most certainly will NOT be tolerated! There are laws governing proper supervision of dogs and they are to be obeyed.
Unread 04-17-2011   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 1

I'd first try to reason with the owner, then, failing that, call animal control... Or as you said, tolerate it. Whatever you do, don't plant cactus.. I've seen firsthand what cactus can do to cats, and it's not pretty.. It'll just make things worse for you.... Not to mention it's extremely cruel for them. It's not the cat's fault they go where they do, after all.

Last edited by AK49BWL; 04-18-2011 at 12:39 AM.
Unread 04-19-2011   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

You're right AK, a cat could get hurt just brushing past a cactus...I would never do anything to intentionally hurt a cat or any other animal.
Unread 06-20-2012   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Cool
Amethyst is on a distinguished road

If it continues I would talk to the neighbor. I've heard that putting ground black pepper on plants keeps certain animals away!
to be sisters by heart.
Unread 06-21-2012   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

Amethyst, the next door neighbors have long since mended their ways and moved out, but your idea sounds like a good one for future neighbors and their pet problems and I'll keep it in mind. Thanks.
Unread 09-01-2012   #8 (permalink)
Newborn

kittyluv is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
If it continues I would talk to the neighbor. I've heard that putting ground black pepper on plants keeps certain animals away!
ground black pepper? wow, first time i heard about that.
Unread 09-05-2012   #9 (permalink)
Newborn

sbjforumman is on a distinguished road

The simplest thing is to use an animal repellent except you have to keep reapplying it until the cat changes its behavior. They're usually inexpensive. However, I wouldn't figure it would be enough of an issue to worry about.

Tags
advice , animal , beds , behavior , black , cat , cat answers , cat questions , cats , dog , dogs , hey , hurt , morning , person , pet , problem , problems , shelter , window , worry

Sponsored Cat Links