It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-16-2012   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Amused
DakotaPeddle is on a distinguished road
Arrow Unanswered: Slutty cat?

How long is it between having kittens and being pregnant again? One of the families cats has kittens and is pregnant again before there is a chance to get her neutered! I know it's possible to get them done during pregnancy but the cost is a problem. She's onto her 3rd litter within a year or less. She does her rounds!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-16-2012   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

Cats go into heat all the time, including while they are still nursing. Since this is her THIRD litter within a year it seems like someone would have figured that out by now.

Kittens cost a lot more than a spay. You could have had her spayed twice with the expense of raising all those kittens.

Every heat cycle, every pregnancy, raises her risk of uterine cancer (fatal) pyometra (expensive and often fatal) and breast cancer (very expensive and sometimes fatal)

Please get that poor cat spayed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 05-16-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to acerlt For This Useful Post:
Unread 05-17-2012   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

The kittens actually don't cost much compared to spaying, maybe prices are different here in NZ. The kittens are kind of wild but are given dry food once they are old enough and are given to their new owners at 6+ weeks and have all been perfectly fine. They will be getting there cat spayed asap.
Unread 05-17-2012   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Kittens taken away from their mothers at 6 weeks are never perfectly fine. They have not nearly been finished being raised and socialized.

So this cat is forced to endure pregnancy after pregnancy, have her kittens taken away from her before they are old enough,the kittens are fed dry food at 6 weeks, then sent on to other homes where they may or may not be spayed, neutered and properly cared for all their lives? That is not my idea of being responsible and taking care of either the mother or the kittens. What a shame your family seems to think it's okay to run their own kitten factory.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 05-17-2012 at 07:09 AM.
Unread 05-18-2012   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

Well, these ones are perfectly fine. The oldest are a year now and have had no problems. Actually that is the age they are able to be away from their mothers. They're perfect.
They are all wonderfully cared for, we make sure of that before they go. You are far too over the top. We know exactly what we're doing and are not running a kitten factory, gosh. Each cat is perfectly fine okay.
Unread 05-18-2012   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaPeddle View Post
Well, these ones are perfectly fine. The oldest are a year now and have had no problems. Actually that is the age they are able to be away from their mothers. They're perfect.
They are all wonderfully cared for, we make sure of that before they go. You are far too over the top. We know exactly what we're doing and are not running a kitten factory, gosh. Each cat is perfectly fine okay.
Three litters in one year for one cat is downright abuse.

Taking kittens away from the mother at six weeks is outrageous. Kittens should not be taken away from their mother and litter mates until they are at LEAST 8 weeks old, and even that is pushing it. Kittens learn important behavior and socialization skills in the weeks between 6 and 12 weeks. Depriving them of can affect them all their lives.

Please, see that that poor cat is spayed now. What a life.

please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 05-18-2012 at 08:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to acerlt For This Useful Post:
Unread 05-20-2012   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaPeddle View Post
On the contrary, YOU are too far over the top.

Jesus H. Christ I cannot sit here and read this blather without saying anything anymore.. You are so irresponsible and careless it's insane. You ARE running a kitten factory as long as you continue to keep your cat unspayed, whether you think so or not is a complete NON-ISSUE! 6 weeks is way too young, and obviously you don't have the slightest clue, or you would know that too... 12 weeks is the earliest kittens should be separated from their mothers. Not to mention the total DUH-factor of cats and their heat cycles, SERIOUSLY?? I can see you are a lost case already, calling Gail over the top when she's trying to help and has the knowledge you sure as hell don't have.. Prove me wrong or your next post may be your last here, cuz I am so done seeing this mess.
The Following User Says Thank You to AK49BWL For This Useful Post:

Tags
age , breed , care , cat , cat answers , cat questions , cats , dry , dry food , family , food , heat , hey , kitten , kittens , litter , pregnancy , pregnant , problem , problems , slut , spay , spayed , wild

Sponsored Cat Links