It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-14-2012   #11 (permalink)
Newborn

kittyluv is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollydactal View Post
Since I got back, she's been a lot more insecure about food, and although she will settled down when I'm sitting on the couch, she will constantly ask for food as soon as I stand up.. She's even gotten into the habit of stealing food off the kitchen counter when I'm not looking, as I made the mistake of leaving some up there for a few minutes unattended. I don't leave food up there anymore, but she still jumps up there hoping to find something.
someone has posted that your cat is displaying separation anxiety- some kind of a "depression". And i wonder, maybe she's not really hungry at most times she's asking for food but maybe just like a human characteristic to resort to food when we are under depression (at least for some people like me lol)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-17-2012   #12 (permalink)
Newborn

momofmany is on a distinguished road

Why don't you try free feeding her I have free fed all of my pets for many many year and iv'e never ever had an overweight pet. when they have food available to them all the time they soon adjust to only eating when they are hungry she may eat a bit more at first but she will get over that soon enough just a suggestion.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-28-2012   #13 (permalink)
Newborn

babette is on a distinguished road

well i usually let my kitty sit in the front seat with me, if i put her in a carrier, she meows her sweet little head off, but i really believe the carrier is the safest way to go, it seems like you are doing the right thing dear. i am brand new on here, so a big meow! i am babette
Unread 09-05-2012   #14 (permalink)
Newborn

sbjforumman is on a distinguished road

I agree with getting a second cat to keep her company if you can. As for the carrier, my cats generally didn't like being inside of any moving object. It is too weird for them. Really the only thing that has worked in our situation for getting them over it is getting them used to it. take them with you in the car frequently and eventually it won't be so foreign or scary. Hope that helps.

Tags
adopted , advice , affectionate , anxiety , behaviour , car , cat , cat answers , cat questions , clean , dry , dry food , eating , family , fast , food , friends , fun , hey , home , kitten , kitty , meow , meowing , mistake , morning , moving , new to this , overweight , ownership , play , separation , siblings , sleep , sleepless , stealing , stop , tips , travel , wake

Sponsored Cat Links