It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-13-2013   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Amused
mothersday is on a distinguished road
Default Unanswered: New Nursing mom cat not drinking water

My friendly young stray cat gave birth 11 days ago. One died on day 2 (may have been sick or new mom slept on it, then day 10 another dies. last 2 seem ok. Mom doesn't seem to be drinking water but taking solids. I suspect this is 1st (and LAST) liter. Think she's producing enough milk for kittens to stay alive but not thrive. Also she doesn't groom groom kittens very much which I know is important to stimulate bowel, bladder function. Should I do the later & supplement milk or am I messing too much with her kittens? Will be heading for vets for more help. Any help out there? Be kind...this is my 1st post:>
Attached Images
File Type: jpg May2 2013 birthday.jpg (87.7 KB, 4 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to mothersday For This Useful Post:

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-13-2013   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

Thank you so much for taking in the little mother! Are you giving her canned food? A cat on a canned diet won't drink much, if any water. Canned is best for cats (and for kittens too, when they are old enough). Feed her as much as she can eat.

She may need the help with the babies, do you have some kitten formula and a nursing bottle? I don't know much about taking care of infants, except what I have read, and apparently the best way to make sure they are getting enough to eat is to weigh them every day. Do you have a food scale by any chance?

If you are concerned about the mother's or the babies' health, definitely don't hesitate to bring them to the vet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to acerlt For This Useful Post:
Unread 02-24-2014   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

aekdb5 is on a distinguished road

That is such a sweet picture. How in the world could we all ever live without our pets? I do not think it is possible.
Unread 01-11-2018   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

MariaPt is on a distinguished road
Default виброкомпьют

Мечтаете как-то разнообразить сексуальную жизнь? Добиться принципиально новых ощущений позволят эротические товары

Один из самых распространенных методов достигнуть невероятных ощущений – <a href="https://afroditalove.ru/category/vibromassazher-vibrator/">купить вибратор</a>. С его помощью достаточно легко добиться дополнительной симуляции особо чувствительных зон и точек на теле. Только не пользуйтесь им в одиночестве, доверьтесь своему партнеру. Это хорошо укрепит вашу эмоциональную и физическую связь и позволит стать более раскованными друг с другом.</p>
Также среди секс-игрушек распространены эрекционные кольца, наручники, стимуляторы и смазки. Начните с чего-нибудь одного, не бойтесь попробовать разные варианты, и вы обязательно найдете то, что придется по вкусу вам и партнеру.</p>
Стоит отметить: <a href="https://afroditalove.ru/category/prezervativy/">купить презервативы</a>, вакуумные помпы, <a href="https://afroditalove.ru/category/vaginalnye-shariki/">вагинальные шарики</a>,фаллоиммитаторы, и остальные интим-товары вы можете в интернет-магазине «Афродита» (afroditalove.ru).</p>
Unread 03-02-2018   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Chatty
GraceC is on a distinguished road

My cat sometimes left kittens for long time and I always feed kittens from small botel with nipple.
Unread 04-04-2018   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

cat_evolution is on a distinguished road
Default cat stopped using litter box

hey everyone same is the problem with my cat, the difference is that my cat also stopped using the litter box, can anyone suggest me any solution to this?
Unread 04-11-2018   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

Default found the litter box

just kidding:P anyone pls suggest me self-cleaning automatic cat litter box
Unread 04-18-2018   #8 (permalink)
Newborn

Default getting hopeless

I was hoping to get a good pool of suggestions by you people, since its a dedicated cat forum but no one cared to reply. this form name should I don't care.
Unread 04-24-2018   #9 (permalink)
Newborn

zsalinas889 is on a distinguished road

I think you should do the latter. If the mom cannot supply her kittens with the exact amount of nutrition they need then they might get poor health. Just do whatever you can to help those young kittens.
Unread 05-02-2018   #10 (permalink)
Newborn

any suggestion on this? catevolution.co.nz

Tags
babies , birth , bladder , bowel , canned food , care , cat , cat answers , cat questions , cats , diet , food , friendly , groom , health , hey , kittens , litter box , picture , sick , small , stray , suggestions , vet , water

Sponsored Cat Links