It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-20-2013   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Babs is on a distinguished road
Default Unanswered: Is My Cat "Cheating" On Me

I have a cat, Fuzzy, that was found as a tiny kitten hiding in an abandoned car. This cat LOVES me! I mean he tolerates the rest of my family but he is all over me. If anyone comes to visit, they would not even know he was here; he hides instantly. One day he got outside and did not come back until 2 am; I figured it was because he was scared and waiting until the "cover of darkness." But this has now become routine for him. If he gets out during the day (not often; he doesn't "ask") he will not come back until about 2 am. And it's with some regularity that it is that late. If he asked to go out at night and will come back in after about an hour but if I "forget" him or fall asleep, he's gone all the next day and comes back, yep, around 2 am. The other night he had been gone all day, came back at 11 pm I noticed he didn't feel particularly cold when I picked him up. It wasn't too cold but if he'd been outside, hiding somewhere, I would have thought his fur would feel colder. I'm wondering if he has found himself another "home" somewhere! It'd just seem odd since he is SOOOOO skittish. Last night I let him out and tried to watch where he went but when he saw me watching at the door, he came running back in. Ha! Maybe he doesn't want to get "caught."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-20-2013   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

My advice is keep him inside. He will be safer and healthier and perfectly happy as long as you spend enough time with him, making sure he gets plenty of interactive play time every day, and has furniture he can jump up high on and climb..

Outside he is at high risk for disease, predators, cars, poison and sick evil people, to name just a few things. If he is two timing you, you don't know what the other people are feeding him, or if they are even nice to him.

Is he neutered?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-29-2013   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

jesslvs2grm is on a distinguished road

I agree. but we have the issue. We rescued a kitten and he's still skiddish. Now that he's older he's been sneaking out at night. He's also fixed. Its their natural instincts. I watched him and while the other cats were stalking mice on the ranch he was trying to catch moths and bugs. We try really hard not to let him out but he fights to get out the door.
Unread 02-24-2014   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

aekdb5 is on a distinguished road

I agree fully

Tags
advice , car , cat , cat answers , cat questions , cats , cold , family , fights , fixed , found , fur , furniture , happy , hey , hiding , home , kitten , natural , nice , night , play , poison , scared , sick

Sponsored Cat Links