It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-10-2014   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Daphnekitty is on a distinguished road
Default Unanswered: I need your help my cat has changed

I adopted a cat from a cat rescue about 3 months ago, they told me she was 11 years old, although I do think they may have got this wrong as she none of the characteristics of an 11 year old cat, but her age does not bother me as I wanted to give a cat a new home. They did not know much about her past, apart from the fact that she came from a over crowded cat household and had been flea infested. When I adopted her she was in fine health, she is neutared and vacinated.
She settled in really quickly, she was using her litter tray, she was affectionate, I got her a scratching post which she was using. All was going so well. She is the only pet in my household.

About two weeks ago, she started violentily attacking me, she grabs onto my hand and wont let go, she has scratched all of my hands and arms, and also attacks my feet if they have no shoes or socks on. She then started distroyed all my furniture by constantly scratching it.
Then this weekend gone, i went out for a few hours and she had peed in my bed, and also peed on the whole sofa.
I just dont know why this is happening.
I called the rescue centre were I got her from, and they were not very interested. I called several times and eventually spoke to someone helpful, they said she may have a urine infection, so I took her to the vet, she has not got a urine infection.

My house is being distroyed and Im scared of being attacked, I dont know what to do, any advice would be great. Would it be best to give her back?
I would feel terrible doing this but maybe she is not happy living with me.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-12-2014   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

jesslvs2grm is on a distinguished road

Seems like she may have been a feral kitty.sometimes they don't adjust to people well. Keep her in a quiet bedroom. Feed her caned food it may help change her attitude a bit. Give her space. Most cats can sense fear and act out more aggressive. Get a scratching post and toys. I hope it works out.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-20-2014   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

Nourhan is on a distinguished road

May be she hate you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
adopted , advice , affectionate , age , aggressive , attacking , cat , cat answers , cat questions , cats , changed , feral , fur , furniture , great , happy , health , hey , home , infection , kitty , litter , new home , pet , rescue , scared , scratching , shoes , urine , vet

Sponsored Cat Links