It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-22-2015   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Kayladnunes is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Unanswered: Highland Lynx - food amount

Hi All,

I have a highland Lynx, she's 5 months old and I'm unsure how much I should be feeding her. I don't know if because she will grow bigger than a regular domestic cat if she needs more food or not. The vet told me to only give her 1/4 cup a day which seems very little, whereas the breeder had told me a cup a day. I don't want to overfeed/underfeed.

If anyone else has a highland Lynx id love your input on how much you feed yours!

I've just switched from kitten food to an all life stages food as vet told me i should switch over. She was spayed at only 2 months old by the breeder which I believe is part of the reason to switch her off kitten food sooner.

Thanks!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-23-2015   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

First of all you need to get your wild animal OFF kibble. Your cat (all cats are) is a strict obligate carnivore, she needs meat and moisture from her diet., not dry cereal.

Feed a high quality canned diet that doesn't contain grains or other fillers, and/or a balanced raw diet.

A growing kitten of any breed needs to be fed as much as she will eat. I don't mean stuff the kitten. I mean feed her several meals a day, several ounces at a time.

A domestic kitten generally eats up to 10 to 12 ounces of canned food a day. A larger breed wild animal will need at least as much and probably more than that.

Surely you researched this breed before making this purchase?

I don't think much of a "breeder" who feeds their wild animals dry food.

When she was spayed has nothing to do with anything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
advice , animal , breed , breeder , canned food , car , cat , cat answers , cat questions , cats , diet , dry , dry food , eating , food , free , highland lynx , kitten , kitten food , love , raw , spayed , vet , weight , wild

Sponsored Cat Links