It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-28-2015   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Kimala is on a distinguished road
Default Unanswered: Bold unafraid feral cat

Ive never owned a cat before...I'm more of a dog person and horse owner. About two weeks ago a little gold and black striped cat showed up in our barn. He meows ALOT. At first he was a little cautious of me but I gave him a little tuna as he looked hungry and so he never left. I bought him some cat food and I've been feeding him ever since. I have a lot of questions. One thing is he is very bold, doesn't seem to be afraid of anything, the dog, the horses, He's almost spooky because he follows me everywhere, I mean right under my feet if I stop he stops. He keeps trying to get in my house but my husband had a bad experience with a cat when he was young and is afraid of them and really hates cats. He has allowed me to keep Mia (short for Meow) out in the barn because he chases away the rats. Do you guys think he is feral since it didn't seem to take him long to warm up to me and he seems so adamant about trying to get in the door to my house? I'm thinking he may have belonged to someone. maybe someone else could give him a better life then I can since my hubby doesn't like him. What do you think?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-01-2015   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

He is not feral. Since he wants to be a house cat I do think it would be a good idea to see if you can find someone else to take him.

On the other hand other spouses who "hate cats" have been won over before. How can anyone hate a sweet innocent creature like a cat?

But I would not want his life or well being to be put at risk, so if you are sure he can't be won over, a nice home where Mia will be let in and welcomed would be better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-01-2015   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

Kimala is on a distinguished road

I think I know in my heart that your right. even my husband says "That cat was an indoor cat" I feel bad. I'm going to take pictures and post on a neighborhood Internet swap sheet to see if I can find if someone lost him or if someone wants to adapt him as an indoor cat. He still has claws in front and his privates so I guess he's not fixed either. Poor baby.
Unread 03-01-2015   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

Well of course he has claws, goodness!

It shows your good heart that you have rescued him and want what's best for him.

It is unfortunate he has not been neutered. If you'd go ahead and have him neutered now he'd be much more adoptable.

Declawing is amputation of the cat's toes at the first joint. All cats need their claws.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 01-27-2016   #5 (permalink)
Banned
Cool Cat

andrewgrayson15 is on a distinguished road

I think I know in my heart that you're right. Even my family says "That cat was an indoor cat" I feel bad. I am going to take pictures and post on a neighbourhood Internet swap sheet to see if I can find if someone lost him or if someone wants to adopt him as an indoor cat. He still has claws in front and his privates so I guess he is not fixed either.

Tags
baby , black , cat , cat answers , cat food , cat questions , cat's , cats , claws , dog , feral , fixed , food , home , house , indoor , internet , lost , nice , person , pictures , stop , striped

Sponsored Cat Links