It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-04-2015   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Cheerful
Super Petlover is on a distinguished road
Talking Unanswered: litter box training

I can see almost all of the questions asked are about health problems..
Please please, I'll appreciate if someone can tell me how to make kitties poop in their litter box.. And what is the right age..??

Is there any techniques?

Thanks a lot!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-04-2015   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

How old are the kittens? When they are young and small they need a litter box very close by. Show them the box, put them in it, perhaps gently hold a paw and do the scratching motion. They should know what to do with it.

If they have an accident: do not mention it to the kitten. (no scolding) Just sprinkle a little litter over it, sweep it up and put it in the litter box. Then pick up the kitten gently and place him or her in the box to smell it. Their little noses will tell them what to do from then on.

It is important to clean the spot of any accident with an enzymatic cleaner or something like a solution of vinegar, baking soda and a little peroxide. Sock the spot, let it sit for a while, then bot it up, then rinse.

Kittens and cats are pretty much self teaching when it comes to toileting habits. Unless your kittens are feral rescues, they probably already know what to do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to acerlt For This Useful Post:
Unread 03-05-2015   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

Super Petlover is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much.. Kitty is 2 years old.. Is she old enough?
I'll try your advice. I'll be super glad if this one works.
Unread 03-05-2015   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

At 2 years old a cat should already know how to use a littler box. It's pretty much instinctive. Perhaps you'd better give me more information, it sounds like there is more going on that I realized. I thouoght you were talking about new kittens!

Is this cat new to your household?

Do you know her history?

If she has been with you a long time, is she only just now starting to avoid the litter box?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 03-31-2015   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Blah
kittylover7235 is on a distinguished road

You should put the kitty in and out of the litter box a few times if it doesn't paw the litter take his paw and make his paw dig in the litter.Every time he goes in the litter give him a reward.if he misses don't scold him clean it up and use soft words and gentle pets leave him alone maybe he wants to be alone while doing his business.
Unread 11-23-2015   #6 (permalink)
Banned
Cool Cat

andrewgrayson15 is on a distinguished road

It is really very important to clean the spot of any accident with an enzymatic cleaner or something like a solution of vinegar, baking soda and a little peroxide.
Unread 11-23-2015   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgrayson15 View Post
It is really very important to clean the spot of any accident with an enzymatic cleaner or something like a solution of vinegar, baking soda and a little peroxide.
Please stop posting my words as your own. That is the action of a spammer. If you agree with what I am saying use the quote option around my words, then say you agree.

please read this first

Tags
advice , age , baking soda , box , cat , cat answers , cat questions , cats , clean , feral , health , hey , kittens , kitties , kitty , litter , litter box , paw , poop , problems , scratching , small , smell , stop , training

Sponsored Cat Links