It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-09-2015   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

AR23 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Unanswered: Cat advice!

Hello, I am new to the boards and in need of desperate advice...

I've recently moved into a new house with my two cats and for the first couple of weeks, I was aware that the same cat was always hanging around (a one-eyed Bengal - he's gorgeous!). Anyway, he would barge into my house when I got home from work and run straight to my cat's food bowls and chomp down on 4 bowls worth of food. I admit, I would feed him and I know it's wrong but as a huge cat lover, I couldn't see him hungry.

I thought about taking him on as my own but my cats just won't accept him (they're brother and sister and never been around other cats - they refuse to go outside). So I tried to introduce them a few times but it always ended in fights and I would put the stray cat outside (I've called him Joe).

A couple weekends ago, he didn't seem in a good way so I took him to the vets. He had really bad fleas so I got him some treatment.

He is now massively controlling my life, he waits for me after work and comes in for dinner. I'm then trying to put him out but it's been raining so heavily the last few days that he won't go out and so I allow him to sleep in my kitchen with the doors shut. I then have to put him outside in the cold in the morning when I leave for work and it's breaking my heart.

I just don't know what to do for the best. I have a few options. I have called a cat shelter and they said that they could take him in. That would be great but I worry if he is a cat that enjoys wandering, is it the right thing to send him away. Also, if he does have a family, it's not my place. He's always out and about. You can guarantee he will be outside if you go out. Also, he isn't chipped and doesn't have a collar on. So even if he does have a "home" I don't feel he's being taken care of well. I called a woman and she was going to come and collect him but I got so hysterical at the thought of him going, I cancelled her.

The other option is, I can build him a little shelter in my back garden for him to go in but I'm dreading the winter and don't want him to have to be outside for all of it.

I could keep him in, but would have to keep him separate from the other cats all of the time which may mean to him being stuck in one room and my cats being nervous because of it. I definitely don't feel like I want to do this. I have to put my cats first.

He is sat outside my front door now and meowing and it's just so hard. I want to help him and massively adore him, he is the friendliest, most loving cat I have ever come across and in an ideal world, he would get on with my cats but I can't see it happening. They are permanently nervous!

I just feel like I can't make the decision for his life myself and want some support or to hear if other people have encountered similar things.

Many thanks,

A
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to AR23 For This Useful Post:

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-09-2015   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

It's possible he was abandoned by whomever lived in the house before you.

If you really feel you can't take him in, the kindest thing for him is to let him go to the rescue. They will take care of him and find him a good home. Hurray for you for caring about him.

You have a good heart. x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-08-2015   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Amused
MarryBerry is on a distinguished road

You are a very kind person, to adopt this cat for you means to make your cats feel constraint. The best decision will be to give this come to someone you trust, maybe to a friend. Why don't you think about this?
Unread 12-09-2015   #4 (permalink)
Banned
Cool Cat

andrewgrayson15 is on a distinguished road

You are a really very nice human being, to adopt this cat for you means to make your cats feel good.

Tags
advice , bengal , brother and sister , care , cat , cat answers , cat questions , cat's , cats , cold , collar , family , fights , fleas , food , great , hey , home , homeless , house , huge cat , loving , meowing , morning , nervous , shelter , sleep , stray , worry

Sponsored Cat Links