It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-02-2016   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Confused
jencav13 is on a distinguished road
Default Unanswered: Cat peeing in front of litter box

Hi, I am looking for advice. We recently adopted a persian cat from the shelter. She is 3. She has been peeing on the rug in front of her little box 50% of the time. She always does #2 in the box. Any tips on how to stop her from peeing outside of the box and get her to pee in the box 100% of the time? Thanks so much!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-02-2016   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

Add another litter box. Most cats prefer to use one box for poop and one for pee, it's instinctive behavior. Be sure to keep both boxes sparking clean at all times, scooping pee and poop every day.

Feed an all wet (canned or raw) diet.

If the problem continues after adding another box, take her to the vet, she may have a urinary tract infection (UTI) or crystals or inflammation.

But I am betting she just wants another box.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to acerlt For This Useful Post:
Unread 03-02-2016   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Confused
jencav13 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your response! I actually picked her up an extra litter box this morning. Fingers crossed
Unread 11-15-2016   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Happy
Clare Cole is on a distinguished road

I had this, but my cat ended up sorting herself out and now is doing it in one box.
Unread 01-18-2017   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

SusanHankerson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie Tweedy View Post
kill him
OMG! are you serious? WTF
Unread 01-18-2017   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 1

Spammer jerk deleted.
Unread 01-19-2017   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK49BWL View Post
Spammer jerk deleted.
Thanks Brandon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 06-04-2017   #8 (permalink)
Kitten

Pete is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencav13 View Post
Hi, I am looking for advice. We recently adopted a persian cat from the shelter. She is 3. She has been peeing on the rug in front of her little box 50% of the time. She always does #2 in the box. Any tips on how to stop her from peeing outside of the box and get her to pee in the box 100% of the time? Thanks so much!
My kitty Scooter would quite often not use the kitty litter. Sometimes he'd poop right next to the box. It took a very long time to figure out what the problem was. but I finally did. He's a little fussy pants (don't tell him I said that. Lol!)! I.e. extremely particular about where he goes. If the kitty litter has more than a little pee or poop in it he won't use it. It took a while but I finally learned his "CLEAN THE KITTY LITTER DARN IT!" meow. Its a long low "meow.' Does he do that?

I clean the kitty litter several times a day. And I clean it as soon as he complains about it. I also learned that there are certain kitty litters he won't use.

Now everything is hunky dory. Thank God! Lol!

Tags
adopted , advice , behavior , box , cat , cat answers , cat questions , cats , clean , diet , infection , litter , litter box , morning , pee , peeing , persian , poop , problem , raw , shelter , stop , tips , uti , vet

Sponsored Cat Links