It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-27-2017   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Swimpiper is on a distinguished road
Default Unanswered: Cat still crazy after spaying

Hello, I got what I thought at the time was a male cat. He was the cuddelest and most affectionate cat ever!! I got him at 12 weeks and around 2 months later he started to not cuddle or seek affection at all. I took him to get neutered and it turns out that he is a she and I didn't even notice!! Originally I got a male because I've read that they make more affectionate and cuddly companions. The vet told me that she was in heat when she got spayed so maybe that contributed to her behavior changing so drastically from being so affectionate to not at all? I pray this is only a phase!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-27-2017   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

How long has it been since she was spayed?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-27-2017   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

Swimpiper is on a distinguished road

It has been a week.
Unread 01-27-2017   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

It can take a while for the hormones to leave her body. Also, kittens do go through many behavior stages.

I think if you carry on normally, don't force yourself on her, but be sure to play with her several times a day, feed her a good species appropriate diet (no dry "food"!) she will be back to her cuddly self eventually.

Some kittens do have a stand offish phase, around 5 months, and also in the later months, 8 or 9 months.

Make sure she has plenty of places to scratch and climb,, and nap, play Games with her every day, feed her on a schedule (meal times are great bonding times) and your relationship will continue to develop and the bond will continue to form.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Tags
affectionate , behavior , cat , cat answers , cat questions , crazy , diet , dry , food , games , great , heat , hey , in heat , kittens , male , play , scratch , spayed , vet

Sponsored Cat Links