It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-08-2017   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

estherkrieski is on a distinguished road
Default Unanswered: Question about my cat's fur quality

I have two cats. Both are rescued siamese. We feed both of them the same high quality Fromm canned food and ACANA dry food. One is a male lynx point with the silkiest, shiniest, softest fur I have ever felt. Ever since we got him at 12 weeks, his fur has been extremely soft. It also barely sheds. The new cat, is a female seal point, and ever since we got her a couple weeks ago- her fur is very dry, scraggly, and sheds continuously. Is fur quality genetics? I think her fur MAY be getting better, but I'm wondering how it can be SO different. If I continue to feed her high quality food, brush her often, will it get better?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-08-2017   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

She was probably fed a crappy diet. Takes about 6-8 weeks for a diet change to show improvements in the coat, (except a raw diet is quicker.)

I'd get rid of the dry food and keep them both on wet. You will notice a difference in both coats.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-09-2017   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

estherkrieski is on a distinguished road

That's what I've been assuming too.. Is it also genetics? I've just noticed some cats fur are just naturally so much softer than others
Unread 02-09-2017   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

Yes there are differences. My cats are all raw fed, and while all their coats are incredibly soft, there are differences.

But her rough coat will definitely improve with good nutrition and a happy settled stress free life with you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Tags
canned food , cat , cat answers , cat questions , cat's , cats , diet , dry , dry food , female , food , free , fur , happy , lynx point , male , new cat , nutrition , question , raw , siamese , stress

Sponsored Cat Links