It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-24-2017   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Lilaclady is on a distinguished road
Default Unanswered: New kitten

Hi there I'm new to this and I'm looming for some advice I have a black boy cat aged 4 named Raider and we just got a new kitten (Snoopy) on the 23rd my boy is jot happy I'm just looking for advice on how to help make the transition go smoothly. I am doing slow introductions crossing their scents giving them space I also have a feliway diffuser going is there anything else I can do.

Thank you
Vicki
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-25-2017   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

Keep on the way you are. It's only been a day. Can take weeks for a resident cat to accept a new comer. Don't worry about hissing or growling, it's normal cat communication.

He'll get there in the end.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-27-2017   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Cool
cerdicwills is on a distinguished road

Taking up a new place is stressful on everyone. Use positive reinforcement and reward your pet with treats or playtime each time your pet does something you like. Use positive reinforcement to reward good behavior.
Unread 05-29-2017   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

Lilaclady is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your reply they have had some face to face meetings and seems to have gone well. But my big boy Raider is always wanting out but I'm thinking that wen the kitten is a bit bigger and can get out it will be better x
Unread 05-29-2017   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

butterflyH is on a distinguished road

hello Lila, i think the best way for your kitten is give a chance, kittens are much more independent and less interested in the opinions of humans than other house pets. However, with the proper techniques and lots of patience, you can train your kitten to be a happy, healthy, and mostly obedient companion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
advice , behavior , black , boy , cat , cat answers , cat questions , communication , growling , happy , healthy , hey , hissing , house , kitten , kittens , new kitten , new to this , pet , play , resident cat , transition , worry

Sponsored Cat Links