It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-02-2017   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

CuriousCat is on a distinguished road
Default Unanswered: Is it normal for a shelter to do this?

There is a kitten I plan to adopt from a local animal shelter. When I asked I was told it had not been put up for adoption because of an injury to its back leg. Naturally I was curious about when it would have the surgery they told me was required and was told there isn't a date for surgery yet. The cat had to have been there at least 2-3 weeks with this injury. Is this normal for a shelter to not immediately line up a cat's surgery?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-03-2017   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

Depends on the injury I would think. Is it a birth defect or an injury such as the kitten was hit by a car?

Perhaps the kitten is not healthy enough to withstand anesthesia yet and they are hoping he or she will get stronger with the good care they can provide..

It sounds like you feel attached to this baby already, and worried about her/his welfare. Have you met the kitten already? How old is s/he? Male or female? The kitten will be neutered before you bring him home, hopefully?

Kittens are she or he, not "it".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-05-2017   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

butterflyH is on a distinguished road

It depends on what kind of surgery he/she have. Someone much improved if care kitten's good, especially in the situation she going through her pain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
adoption , animal , baby , birth , car , care , cat , cat answers , cat questions , cat's , female , healthy , hey , home , kitten , kittens , male , shelter , surgery

Sponsored Cat Links