It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-04-2017   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Inspired
LilyandKitties917 is on a distinguished road
Default Unanswered: Hello and a Question!

Hi!

My name is Lily. I'm new to this forum and I am somewhat new to cats! I will explain my story, then ask my question. Here we go!
I've always loved cats, but I have always been worried about a family meme bee who is allergic to some cats. But then....
My friend has a barn and horses. She has two barn cats who are both spayed and neutered. Well her cat food started to drain faster than usual so she investigated. Lo and behold, she found two feral kittens (Calico and Black) in the barn. She decided to give them to us in hopes that we could find a shelter that could help us rehabilitate them. We found a sanctuary and they helped us.
Unfortunately, they were too feral four us and we couldn't turn them. The sanctuary took them and found a foster that could help turn them. I was disappointed because I partially was hoping that I could tame them with my family and keep them. I decided to go to Petsmart with my family to look at the cats in hopes we would feel better.
Long story short, that's how we got our first kitty, Aslan (Four years old today!)!
He is an orange tabby and is very sweet. He is my best bud!
But I've always wanted a tuxedo boy, too. I'm a "Cats" fan, so I've always wanted a Mr. Mistoffelees.
We asked the foster who was watching the kittens how they were doing and then our hearts were broken.
The black kitten passed away of respiratory infection. The black one was my personal favorite.
Yet the foster said she had other kittens if we wanted to come cuddle some. She mentioned a longhaired tuxedo, and that he was available for adoption.
So we decided to go to the fosters and meet this little one. When we got there, he lived with at least 10 other kittens for 4 weeks (He was rescued at 4 weeks). It was true, he was very sweet and we fell in love.
And......kitty #2 comes home. (We named him Mistoffelees )

We separated the two for a while and introduced with scent and such. Misto eats, sleeps, etc. in a playpen that is in our dining room.
Aslan plays somewhat rough with Misto. Aslan tackles Misto (Upon one of them making the first move) which makes Misto meow quite loudly. One of my other family members is in a different cat forum and they said that from the video that he is just playing around with Misto. I'm not concerned about that.

What I am concerned about is, does Misto need another kitten? ( Btw, He is 8 weeks) I'm just worried that since everyone typically adopts multiple kittens that he needs a friend. I want to know what is best for him.

I appreciate any and all help.

Thanks in advance!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-06-2017   #2 (permalink)
Kitten

butterflyH is on a distinguished road

You should need another kitten, if you can take care of a lot of cats.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
adoption , allergic , black kitten , cat answers , cat food , cat questions , cats , family , feral , food , foster , found , hey , infection , kittens , kitty , meow , new to this , petsmart , playing , question , shelter , smart , spayed , tabby , video

Sponsored Cat Links