It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-19-2017   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

dude0877 is on a distinguished road
Question Unanswered: Rescue cat sneezing for months, no other symptoms

Hello fellow cat lovers!

I've looked around the forum for answers, but I didn't find the specific answer. My new 1 year old rescue cat, Rizzo, has been sneezing ever since I got him a few months ago. Absolutely no other symptoms exist however.

My other cat, Meezee, Ive had for 5 years however, got sick immediately when Rizzo came into the picture. 104 degree temp, lethargic, not eating. I went to the vet and Meezee got antibiotics and he was fine after a week.

Now, months later Meezee is sick again with major conjunctivitis in one eye (swollen shut) and a 2 degree fever. The vet said Meezee has a URI and sent me home with eyedrops after an antibiotic injection.

Rizzo, on the other hand is still sneezing every hour or so but is eating, litterboxing, being curious, and playing non stop. He seems to love life. When Meezee is not sick, they both play together like long lost friends. (I suspect Rizzo licked Meezee's eye as they like to lick each other and the only symptom of Meezee is the one eye).

Rizzo got Meezee sick twice over the past few months. I feel terrible for Rizzo as he frantically wipes his left chops and nose after sneezing. Rizzo actually has right swollen jowls from wiping his paws against his face/nose after each sneeze. There is no discharge other than a fine mist/spray when he sneezes. As I said, no other symptoms. No discharge and no conjunctivitis.

They gave me L-lysine, but Rizzo is too smart and won't eat the treats. I just ran a steamy shower for Rizzo. Any chance that bendryl will stop the sneezing for good eventually?

What should I do, if anything, about Rizzo and the sneezing? He clearly got Meezee sick twice, but isn't really acting sick himself. Meezee never got sick until he and Rizzo got together. Meezee is easy...he gets sick, we treat it, and he's better. Rizzo, as i've explained, is an anomaly.

A friend of mine said I'm a hypochondriac for my cats. I disagree. So some cats just sneeze as part of their personality? I feel bad for him. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. You guys are the best.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-19-2017   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

This does sound like feline herpes. Was Meezee vaccinated for this before bringing home Rizzo?

L-lysine can help, but not those stupid useless treats. They do not contain a therapeutic dose and are full of other junk no cat should ever eat.

Use pure powdered l-lysine. You can get it in a health food store, or on line at places such as Amazon. Pure l-lysine powder. It has no taste except slightly salty. A therapeutic dose is 500 mg. You give this dose as 1/4 teaspoon a day, split between morning and evening.

1/8 teaspoon mixed into the morning meal and then again in an evening meal.

Diet also is important in a cat's overall health and fighting this virus. Feline herpes is a virus, the antibiotics only cure the secondary infection, the virus is forever.

What are you feeding them?

Your cats need to be fed a wet only diet, on foods that are low in carbohydrates. This means no grains. You might also consider feeding a raw diet.

Stubborn cases of herpes may need more advanced help. You can read up on lactoferrin. This is actually now the go-to treatment for feline herpes, l-lysine and lactoferrin.

Avoid made for pet treats. They are junk. Use the pure forms.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-11-2018   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

MariaPt is on a distinguished road
Default интим гель см&

Хотели бы как-то разнообразить вашу сексуальную жизнь? Добиться принципиально новых ощущений помогут интим-товары

Один из самых популярных методов достичь ярких ощущений – <a href="https://afroditalove.ru/category/vibromassazher-vibrator/">купить вибратор</a>. С его помощью просто добиться стимуляции чувствительных зон и точек. Только не пользуйтесь им в одиночестве, доверьтесь своему партнеру. Это значительно укрепит вашу эмоциональную и физическую связь и позволит стать более раскованными друг с другом.</p>
Также среди интим-товаров распространены наручники, эрекционные кольца, стимуляторы и смазки. Начните с чего-нибудь одного, не бойтесь эксперементировать с разными вариантами, и вы непременно сможете отыскать то, что придется по вкусу вам и партнеру.</p>
Стоит отметить: <a href="https://afroditalove.ru/category/prezervativy/">купить презервативы</a>, вагинальные шарики, фаллоиммитаторы, вакуумные помпы, и другие <a href="https://afroditalove.ru/">секс-игрушки</a> вы можете в интернет-магазине «Афродита» (afroditalove.ru).</p>
Unread 04-27-2018   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

zsalinas889 is on a distinguished road

Wow! Great info you shared here acerIt. My cat's also sneezing but it was just due to cold. Had her outside long enough.

Tags
antibiotics , cat , cat answers , cat lovers , cat questions , cats , eating , eye , fever , friends , funny , hey , home , lost , lovers , nose , not eating , personality , picture , playing , rescue , sick , smart , sneeze , stop , suggestions , vet , won't eat

Sponsored Cat Links