It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-21-2017   #11 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Provided Answers: 18

So glad to hear you got some food into your precious little girl! Just checking in on my lunch hour, how was the vet appointment?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-21-2017   #12 (permalink)
Newborn

mikeguido is on a distinguished road

We didn't end up going today. I had a busy day with work and it made us feel better that she at least ate something last night. Although she is not eating nearly as much as she should. and now even the chicken and broth she will sniff at but is not eating it. we also cracked open a can of salmon and she ate a very small portion but now not eating that. I'm unsure because I don't want to cause her more stress by taking her to yet another vet appointment but obviously if there is something wrong it needs to be assessed by a vet. I am very torn as to what to do. She is at least drinking some water now so she is getting some fluids. But I know we should take her in. I am trying to juggle work and her right now and its getting a bit overwhelming.

What would you suggest?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-21-2017   #13 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I would take her to the vet. Right away. Kittens just can't go long without adequate nourishment and it has now been 5 days. Their livers fail, or they can go into hypoglycemic shock. She needs to be seen before it is too late.

There is much the vet can do. Give her IV fluids to keep her hydrated and help prevent the above mentioned dangers and help her feel better.

Check the surgical area, to see what's going on.

Administer appetite stimulants.

Check her blood count for anemia. (If she's bleeding internally, for example)

Give her pain meds.

Georgie needs to be seen today.

Just so you know, most vets will allow you to drop a pet off (on an emergency basis) and leave her while you go to work, the vet will do what's needed, then you pick her up at the end of the day. Something to keep in mind. But you should bring her in right now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 08-21-2017 at 05:23 PM.
Unread 08-21-2017   #14 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeguido View Post
We didn't end up going today. I had a busy day with work and it made us feel better that she at least ate something last night. Although she is not eating nearly as much as she should. and now even the chicken and broth she will sniff at but is not eating it. we also cracked open a can of salmon and she ate a very small portion but now not eating that. I'm unsure because I don't want to cause her more stress by taking her to yet another vet appointment but obviously if there is something wrong it needs to be assessed by a vet. I am very torn as to what to do. She is at least drinking some water now so she is getting some fluids. But I know we should take her in. I am trying to juggle work and her right now and its getting a bit overwhelming.

What would you suggest?
The thing is Mike she is most likely suffering. Cats, including kittens, hide suffering instinctively. It's something they just do. She could be in agony and you wouldn't know. At the very least she is feeling very sick, with so little nourishment.

The stress of a vet trip is a small price to pay for relief of suffering. Something is seriously wrong. This is not a normal reaction to a simply spay procedure. A 4 month old kitten should bounce right back in a day or two. She needs medical treatment. Her organs will begin to shut down soon. Please, take her.

please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 08-21-2017 at 05:26 PM.
Unread 08-23-2017   #15 (permalink)
Newborn

If she hadn't shown a little bit of progress that night we would have definitely taken her to the vet. It was a hard decision to make but to be honest the vet bills were getting out of hand. That's not an excuse but I wanted to make sure it was totally necessary. But it is like a night and day difference. She is completely back to hold rambunctious self. She is eating like normal, drinking, and her stools have hardened back to their normal state. I don't know if it was a stomach bug or just post stress from the surgery. But she gave us quite a scare there for a while.

I very much appreciate your help with this. You are a very caring person and any animal you see must be very lucky
Unread 09-03-2017   #16 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thank you so much for the update. The forum's been down for a week and I couldn't get your little one out of my mind, as I did not see the above post until now. I hope she is still well and never looked back. x

please read this first
Unread 09-03-2017   #17 (permalink)
Newborn

I was wondering what happened! Im sorry I couldn't reply to you and made you worry. But she is doing 1000% better! She is eating like her normal self, gaining weight, and has loads and loads of energy. She have us quite a scare as we didn't and still dont know exactly what caused it.

Thank you again for your help and concern! Take care and keep doing what you're doing because the world needs more people like you
Unread 12-06-2017   #18 (permalink)
Newborn

joh78 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
You're welcome! Georgie is still on my mind. I hope she had a better night. I'll be checking in when I come home for lunch for an update! xxx
I am also worried now and hope she would get well soon.

Tags
advice , antibiotics , art , baby , cat answers , cat questions , cats , diarrhea , eating , food , healthy , hey , infection , kitten , kittens , morning , night , not eating , sick , sleep , spay , stitches , surgery , vet , water

Sponsored Cat Links