It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-09-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

sdezeeuw is on a distinguished road
Default Homes for Two Adult Cats

Hi everyone. This is my first time posting. I have recently moved and have to find homes for my two cats as my sister is very allergic to them. I consider my cats my babies and they have always been with me since they were weeks old but I can't keep them this time and it breaks my heart. Right now they are cooped up in my room and that is not fair to them. I have two:

Kelly - Gray and small. She is about 8lbs and very independant. She still likes attention just on her terms. She usually sleep on our bed every night.

Bosco - Brown, white, and black and a very big boy. He is about 20lbs. A total love once he warms up to you. He was abused as a baby so just needs some time. He loves to cuddle but doesn't get he is 20bs.

They are both fixed, microchipped, and up to date on all shots. I have everything you need for them. I would like them to go together but it is very important to me that they are well loved and taken care of.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-09-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I am very sorry someone is forcing you into such a decision.

please don't advertise your cats on the internet like this. sick people come to these sites looking for cats to take and abuse and torture.

Take your cats to a rescue or shelter where they will do proper screening for homes. Unfortunately they will not guarantee that your cats will not be separated.

I am sorry this is happening. I would never force a sister of mine to give up her cats, I'd get shots, take pills, whatever it takes.

Your cats are better off in one room with you, than anywhere else without you.

How old are they? Adult cats are very difficult to rehome and are almost always separated. Unless of course they are left in a shelter cage for the rest of their lives. I don't mean to be cruel but if they are senior cats it would be kinder to have them put to sleep. I don't say this lightly, it is what I would choose before I would allow my cats to be separated from me and each other.

Last edited by acerlt; 09-09-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-09-2009   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

sdezeeuw is on a distinguished road

They are not senior. Kelly is 4 and bosco is 3. I dont really want to take them to a shelter only because I am afraid they will not be placed. Just trying all options
Unread 09-09-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Aw, okay then, younger cats, while still difficult to place, at least have some hope of adjustment.

Good luck to you, but please, don't just hand them off to some stranger. There are a lot of sick people in this world.

Contact the local rescues and shelters in your area, because some will let you list your pets on their petfinder section. Which means, you keep them home, but they get listed in pet finder, and I think the rescue org. will do the application process for you too, backround checks, home visits, adoption fees and so on.

it's worth looking into anyway. Adopting them out randomly on the internet is the very worst way to do it.

good luck, dear, and I am very sorry you are being forced to do this. It makes my blood boil, even as the tears are falling.
Unread 09-12-2009   #5 (permalink)
Cool Cat

pink29 is on a distinguished road

I am also allergic too cats(i have 3, but 1 passed)
I rehomed a cat a few months ago beacause this ladies boyfriend was allergic.
Their is medicine and tablets your sister can have, in my case i get used to the hair and i'm ok yet bfore i had streaming eyes, bloodshot, runny nose it is not nice but i think if your sister can just get used to the hair she will be fine

if you are honest with yourslef their is another way around this instead of just getting rid of them.

Tags
adoption , adult , allergic , babies , baby , black , boy , boyfriend , brown , care , cat , cats , eyes , fixed , hey , home , homes , internet , love , nice , night , nose , pills , rescue , senior , shelter , shelters , sick , sleep , small

Sponsored Cat Links