It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > Cat Rescue > Cats In Need
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-30-2007   #11 (permalink)
old cat lady

FIP is always a fatal disease and there is no definitive "test" for it and no cure. A test can detect the presence of the corona virus in the blood and many cats carry that virus in their systems. It is mutated form of the virus that causes the FIP so there is no way the adopting agency could have screened your kitten for it. From my shelter experience I know that no shelter would be so irresponsible to let you adopt a kitten with this fatal disease.I am so sorry that you had to lose your kitten - it is heartbreaking especially as they are so young and vibrant until the disease takes hold.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-30-2007   #12 (permalink)
Animal Lover

First, I apoligize for you loss. As someone who works with shelters often, Please notify Petsmart AND the shelter. Get a copy of the vets report and bring it to the shelter's attention. Something happened if the cat said neutered and he wasn't. They need to know immediately what happened. They should also offer to replace the cat for free.Hope this helps.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-30-2007   #13 (permalink)
SecondStar

You've gotten some great answers, do look at the paperwork you should have...but to keep you from wasting any time, while it's good that you've alerted Petsmart to the problem, they are not legally liable for any of the animals the shelters provide...they simply "lease the space out" to the local shelter and aren't responsible for anything the shelter does. So, concentrate your efforts towards the shelter itself, as it seems you've already started to do. If you have a copy of the paperwork for the cat that claimed it was neutered, etc., I'm sure you can take legal action. Good luck!

Unread 03-30-2007   #14 (permalink)
fisher4_4

We adopted our cat from the shelter. And in her paperwork, it specifically says that we have to have her checked out by a vet within 10 days of adoption. After that, all medical problems are our responsibility. We just had our cat to the vet and it cost 118 dollars. I think it's just part of owning a pet. There aren't really lemon laws for animals. I think you are out of luck.

Unread 03-30-2007   #15 (permalink)
meerkatluver_0127

i have 2 agree with these ppl. u should.

Tags
adopt a cat , adopted , adoption , age , agressive , animal , breeders , business , cat , cats , dog , drawing , fip , fiv , found , great , health , hey , kitten , kittens , legal , loss , medical , opinion , pet , petsmart , problem , problems , rare , save , shelter , shelters , sick , sleep , smart , spayed , test , vet

Sponsored Cat Links