It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > Cat Rescue > Cats In Need
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-31-2007   #1 (permalink)
meezyfuh

Default I want a Sphinx cat. Is this a breed that I could find at the local shelter or...

...would I need to buy one?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-31-2007   #2 (permalink)
paris26

It is very doubtful that you will find a Sphinx cat in a shelter. You are going to have to find a reputable breeder in order to purchase one. I would suggest buying a cat fancy magazine and look in the back for breeders. They'll have names,numbers and websites so you will at least have a starting place for your research

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-31-2007   #3 (permalink)
fourbearsandacat

Sphinx cats are very unique indeed! Go to your local pet store, like petsmart and purchase a copy of Cat Fancy mag. It list breeders in the back. Do yourself a favor and look up all the info you can about them. They are pricey and you must be careful about caring for them. If you want a full blooded Sphinx, you will only find them through breeders. Go to the library and ask for an older copy of Cat Fancy that highlights the Sphinx breed. It is very informative and through. Good Luck!

Unread 03-31-2007   #4 (permalink)
Hedda Lettuce

It isn't likely that you will find this breed at your local shelter.If your newspaper isn't showing ads placed by breeders, then either use the Internet or get a copy of Cat Fanciers Magazine, then at least you'll get a cat with papers of authenticity.

Unread 04-01-2007   #5 (permalink)
stingra385

If you find a sphinx at a cat shelter please tell me the name of that shelter. The truth is the sphinx if it is a pure breed can be sold for quite a bit of money. You will most likely have to buy it.

Tags
breed , breeder , breeders , cat , cat fancy , cats , hey , informative , internet , money , pet , petsmart , shelter , smart

Sponsored Cat Links