It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > Cat Rescue > Cats In Need
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-08-2007   #1 (permalink)
xbabykagomex

Default i just rescued a cat from the SPCA and they say he has ear mites does anyone know

about it? well he has one ear the other ear is completly gone and the spca say he has ear mites but id like to know more about them so if anyone has any experience with ear mites please respond and thanks!no the SPCA did not give any ear drops or anything, but said that he needed to be taken to the vet every month for treatment of ear mites

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-08-2007   #2 (permalink)
rblankenship_rblankenship

you must get an ear cleaner & clean them first, then treat the mites. call your vet. & tell them what they told you. they may give you the meds w/out having to bring the cat in. i recomend the 1 dose. other wise you will be treating the cat every week for 4-6 weeks. hope this helps

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-08-2007   #3 (permalink)
K L

I've had two cats who've come with earmites when I adopted them. Its pretty easy to solve-- just go to the vet and they will give you ear drops that will take care of this problem by putting them in your cat's ears once or twice daily for one or two weeks. Then you'll never see the earmites again!

Unread 05-08-2007   #4 (permalink)
Voelven

I had the same experience as K L, two of my cats had ear mites when I got them. Each time we got rid of the mites using ear drops provided by the vet.

Tags
adopted , care , cat , cat's , cats , hey , mites , problem , vet

Sponsored Cat Links