It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > Cat Rescue > Cats In Need
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-09-2007   #1 (permalink)
delia f

Default i rescue dogs and cats i currently have 16 dogs and 10 cats. i ran into a...

...problem with a 8yr old boxer? her name is tasha. I rescued her about 7 years ago found tied to a fire hydrant skin and bones. she is a brindle boxer about 60lbs. yesterday she started a cough that went sort of like this....cough cough cough cough then she threw up yellow stuff. she countinued coughing all day long. she's been eating and drinking the same thing and the only difference is that we rescued a gsd/mix 2 weeks ago and he coughs once in a while but i figured that it was just because he is roughly 14 and was neglected so his nourishing wasn't the best. now i have 2 other gsd that play with him everyday and they don't cough so i figured to rule out kennel cough. her coughing continues but now her puke is foamy white slimmy not yellow. I tried putting my hand in her mouth and throat to feel for an obstruction but everything seems to be o.k. i tried feeding her milk,but nothing happened. she has a temp of 101.9 so i really don't know what it could be. has anyone ever been through something like this before?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-09-2007   #2 (permalink)
missapparition

Could be a variation of Kennel Cough, which can be serious if not treated. If you have that many strange dogs and cats coming in and out of your home, you need to take all the necessary precautions and quarintine the new dogs and have them checked out by a Vet and given thier shots before you allow them to mingle with the other pets. I would take this dog to the Vet immediately.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-10-2007   #3 (permalink)
rickdarkone

Take them all to a vet have them checked.. How did you become a rescuer and not know that..I am gun shy about thatafter reading about all the pet collectors out there people who obsessively keep pets and hardly give them the attention and food they need. ...sad

Unread 05-10-2007   #4 (permalink)
GoodGuy53

I have heard that Heart Worm could show up as a cough. The yellow or white foam is normal empty stomach bile. Dogs do not throw up like cats sometimes do. They can get dehydrated very badly from throwing up. If that is a daily thing, she is not doing well. Although it may be difficult, You may have to find a way to have a vet see her.

Unread 05-10-2007   #5 (permalink)
johnykay

26 dogs and cats are way to many-rescue missions find homes for lost or unwanted pets,not provide them,With 16 dogs there are bound to be sanitation and other health hazards.That,at least in my opinion,borders on animal cruelty.You are not qualified to care for that many animals as your question proves.I suggest you phone a vet.or the SPCA asap.

Tags
animal , care , cats , dogs , eating , fire , food , found , health , hey , home , homes , kennel , lost , obstruction , opinion , pet , play , problem , question , rescue , sad , vet

Sponsored Cat Links